Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dial tone

(Topic created on: 03-10-2022 09:42 AM)
ryan5429
First Poster
Options
Im not getting any dial tone when calling out i only know the person has answered when i can hear them talking can anyone help 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
CarlH
Options

Good morning, @ryan5429. Has this always been the case or only just started happening? Is this on standard calls or on an app such as WhatsApp?

0 Likes
ryan5429
First Poster
Options
It has only just started happening since i installed the update and its just on regular calls i dont get any dial tone
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Please remove the SIM card from your phone, insert it again and then restart it. Does the issue persist?

0 Likes
RKnowles
First Poster
Options
Hi. If I'm understanding correctly, you can make and receive calls successfully, but you don't hear the ringing tone when calling somebody else, instead they just answer.

This can be a nuance of using WiFi Calling or VoLTE, in which normal voice calls made from your phone app (dialer) are actually routed over the Internet. I've noticed on some occasions that I don't hear a ringing tone on EE WiFi Calling.

If you go to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks and change Network Mode to 3G/2G auto connect, and then turn off WiFi Calling (open Phone app > three dots in top right > scroll to WiFi Call and turn off), then try making a call, does the issue still occur?
0 Likes
ryan5429
First Poster
Options
Iv managed to sort it now thanks for your help much appreciated
0 Likes