Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dexcom g6

(Topic created on: 13-05-2022 01:59 PM)
aldoa75
Apprentice
Options
Hi all, my little girl just got her dexcom g6 blood glucose machine today,  it's saying its not compatible with my s22 ultra (so I can see her glucose levels  without finger pricking her) is there anyone who has or knows someone having the same problem and what they do? Thanks in advance 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Sonataq14
Journeyman
Options

DEXCOM G6 compatibility with S22 SOLUTION!

I just logged in to provide a solution for everyone to this issue.   The S22 still isn't compatible...but it actually is.   To put the Dexcom G6 app on your S22, here's how to do it....

1.  You will either need to use your old android phone, or get someone else's Android phone that is compatible with the Dexcom G6 app.  On your old phone or the borrowed phone, download the latest version of the Dexcom G6 app.   

2.  On both your new S22 and on the old/borrowed phone, download the latest version of the "Smart switch" app, which is one of the apps that comes with your android (it is not an aftermarket app).  

3.  Once you've downloaded the updates to both phones, make sure that bluetooth and WIFI are active on both phones, ....then on ONE of the two phones (either one is fine), OPEN the Smart Switch app.  It will automatically start to look for other phones to connect to.  It will find your other phone and ask permissions to connect to it.   Approve the permissions when it pops up on the screen of your phone(s).

4.  Once permissions are granted, one of the phones will ask you if you want to transmit the data, or receive it from the other phone.   Be sure you make the right selection based on which phone is asking you the question.

5.  A new screen will pop up asking what data you want to transfer....the bottom selection will be "Custom".   Select the "custom" option.

6.  You will have different choices, and one of those choices will be "apps".   Don't select "apps", but instead there will be an arrow on the right side of the "apps" selection which allows you to transfer (just) certain apps.   Hit that arrow and "uncheck" all the apps except for the Dexcom G6 app.   Either at the top or the bottom of the screen (I can't remember), it will say that 1 app has been selected.   Now scroll to the bottom of the screen and hit the "transfer" button.   

You have now officially moved the Dexcom G6 app from your old phone to your new phone.   You will need to re-enter your transmitter ID and your sensor ID after you go through the setup process.  PROBLEM SOLVED!  I've helped many people do this and it's always 100% successful.   The heck with Dexcom, we don't need them to update the S22 software!   We can make it work without them!  I did this many months ago on my S22, without issue.

View solution in context

52 REPLIES 52
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Looking at the help website the Samsung s²² series isn't yet on their eligible phone list yet @aldoa75 

https://www.dexcom.com/compatibility/dexcom-g6-app 

You could contact them directly to ask.

Looking at a Google Search there are a few hits on this with one being https://www.reddit.com/r/dexcom/comments/t3a6vl/samsung_galaxy_s22_ultra_incompatible_smart/ 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

aldoa75
Apprentice
Options
Thanks very much for your comment, , very much appreciated 👍
Ihnebiene
First Poster
Options

Hi Aldoa75,

very sorry to hear that you cannot connect the Dexcom system with your new phone. The GCM is a life changer and I hope you get it figured out soon.

I just got the Samsung S22 (no plus, no ultra) and it connected fine with my Dexcom app. I am looking at my numbers on the phone right now. You do need to enter the transmitter code in the app and re-establish that Bluetooth connection. 

Hope this helps,

Ihnebiene

michelle42
First Poster
Options

hello @Ihnebiene , i just bought a s22 and looking for the device it does not have that phone on the list how did you get it to work?

0 Likes
Rejuvenator
First Poster
Options

Her dexcom should have come with its own digital readout device. O also have a S22 Ultra and its a paon that Dexcom has yet to develope the correct drivers for it. The Ultra has been oit for a while.

Geltz
Student
Options

I had the dexcom g6 app installed on my previous phone (an S9+) and when I upgraded to an S22+ phone I used the Smart Switch app, which copied the dexcom g6 app over to the S22+ and that worked well.

Recently I got an email from dexcom that a new version of the g6 app was available but I couldn't get that from the Google play store because the store said my S22+ phone was not compatible with the g6 app.  However, I was able to download and install the apk for the new version (1.10.0.6) of the g6 app and it is now working fine on my S22+.

0 Likes
Geltz
Student
Options
aldoa75
Apprentice
Options
Brilliant I'll try that, thanks for the reply 👍
DannyT
Options

Let us know how you get on, @aldoa75. It might work for others too!

Welcome to the Community!