Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service issues (relating to S22 Ultra issues)...

(Topic created on: 18-03-2022 10:31 AM)
Moo76
Apprentice
Options

Has anyone got any advice they can offer me - ever since I recieved my S22 Ultra there has been some pretty significant screen flickering going on; I knew this was an issue Samsung were working on so I patiently awaited an update.

Add to the flickering screen, I haven't been able to use a wired source for audio connectivity at all (I've tried different USBC adapters... still nada).

Anyway, last week, having tried everything I could through trawling the Internet to remedy the issues, I finally reached to customer services via chat. I was told that, due to the multiple issues, I could replace my handset with a new one - please hold whilst I was transferred to the right department. I then recieved a prompt that I was 30,196 in the queue and the estimated waiting time was nearly 18 hours. I called back the next day.

When I called back I was given some things to try, including another update, which, if anything, made things worse. I was told to give it a few days and call back if it didn't improve. It didn't.

I called back, again, and was asked when I purchased the phone. I told them I preordered it on the 11th February and recieved it on the... before I could finish I was told that I only had 28 days from purchase in which to change my mind or return an item, and it had been 34 days since I preordered it, sorry. Sorry, WTF!!!

I called back again and was on the phone for over an hour and a half. This time I was told that I could send it back and, once recieved in an acceptable condition, I would have a replacement handset sent out within another 7-10days!!! The only way of avoiding being without a phone for this time was to purchase another one and send it back for a refund within the 28 days. Not a bloody chance!

I then requested to speak to a manager, but after another 10-15 minutes on hold I gave up, defeated.

Is this really the level of customer support Samsung offer? My last 5 phones, bar one, 3 TVs, and a watch have all been Samsung - I'm strongly feeing that I'm supporting the wrong brand.

Sorry for the long rant.

12 REPLIES 12
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
Shame on Samsung !!

But you should of sent the phone back before the 21 days return limit was up as soon as the problems started and not wait and hope for a software fix , whatever Samsung customer services advised you to do or Whatever people on here advice you to do !! It's your money not there Money !

As I will say again if the phone is not 100% when you get it DO NOT wait and hope for a software fix in future that may never come as £1100 + is alot of money to gamble with !!
Madfish
Pathfinder
Options
Samsung customer service has taken a huge dive in recent years, I wish they would realise that this will drive away dedicated customers to another brand. I've been with Samsung since the Omnia HD and I'm really starting to regret my latest purchase... too late for me now so I'll have to make the best of the situation but I'll be spending my money elsewhere in the future unless Samsung seriously improve their treatment of customers
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
I had similar problem with my galaxy s22 ultra and I did sent it back for a replacement, after 2 and half weeks waiting Wednesday i received a new phone.
Moo76
Apprentice
Options

The problem is, I preordered it on the 11th - the phone wasn't actually launched officially until the 25th  and I recieved it a few days after that - going from that, I'm still within the time frame to send it back now... I just can't realistically go 10 days+ without a phone, and buying another, as suggested by customer services, is not an option.

What a shame, Samsung!

0 Likes
Deemic
Journeyman
Options

And did the replacement phone resolve the issues you were having?

0 Likes
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
I have been using my galaxy s22 ultra since Thursday and i was quite happy about everything working fine but now I have found something very strange happens to the screen when I tried to reboot my new galaxy s22 ultra, i don't know exactly why and it's not normal.
0 Likes
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
Unfortunately replacement phone have screen issueScreenshot_20220320-144353_Video Editor.jpg
jinna
Journeyman
Options
The 21 days return limit should start from the date you actually received the phone... some companies, if they require to replace your phone becausenof their fault, theyll issue a temporary phone that you can use while the replacement has not arrive...i dont know if samsung company also do that..
0 Likes
Deemic
Journeyman
Options

That’s not very reassuring. I assume you’ve attempted a factory reset?

0 Likes