Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging at 45W

(Topic created on: 25-02-2022 05:02 PM)
Matt1412
Pioneer
Options
I recently purchased a 45W charger for my S22 Ultra and plugged it in but I'm only getting the 'super fast charging' rather than 'super fast charging 2.0' 

Had a look through settings but couldn't see anything... Is there something I'm doing wrong?🤔 
77 REPLIES 77
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I did find on amazon spare Samsung 5a usb c cable for £3
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
I'll also look for it, good to have as a spare.

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I will find it for you, hang on as I also found a more expensive one for on amazon
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I can't find it anymore, the one I ordered was a 45w 5a cable, see if you can find it
0 Likes
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

the 45 watts charger, demands a 5 amps cable to charge at full speed/full power. if such is not used, the charger will hold back, and it will be  adjusting to the limits of a 3 amp cable, which i suspect you are using.

The FACT that i PRETEND to believe you, DOES NOT mean i actually believe you.
0 Likes
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

25 watts is a kind of sweet spot charger. the charging processnis not a simple process, and the vast majority of youtubers cannot figure out what happens between chargers. Theybare not a reliable information source. this dame majority of youtubers cannot figure out that if a 3 amp cable is good for 25 watts chargers, more powerful chargers, need 5 amps cable. shame on them, lame on them. the 45 watts charger will reach 80% first, because they are faster. Then they will slow down to preserve and protect the battery, because thsy are ordered to do so by the phone. in this moment the 25 watts chargwr is still at about 69%. this is the moment whrn the 25 watts keeps charging full power, while the 45 is already slow down. This isnthe moment when the 25 watts charger closes the gap. difference is about 6 minutes. if you need a boost, to keep a dying battery going, a super fast charge will do it well, for up to 80%. 

0 Likes
EnisEmre
First Poster
Options

Hello. I got the same problem with Spigen 45w PPS enabled charger. It charges at same time with 25w samsung charger. Have you found a solution?

0 Likes
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

I am sure that the Spiegen 45 watts charger supports PD and PPS in a proper manner, but you still need a 5 amps cable. Do you use 5 amps cable? if not try with 5 amps cable with the spiegen and tell me if there is difference. 

0 Likes