Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera

(Topic created on: 22-04-2022 08:15 AM)
nickie5571
Apprentice
Options
Trouble with camera
I cleared cache reset settings and it works for few pics then says camera failed again
8 REPLIES 8
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Is that when using a Samsung builtin camera directly or from within some app? 

0 Likes
nickie5571
Apprentice
Options
Yes built in app
0 Likes
nickie5571
Apprentice
Options
Built in camera
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@nickie5571: Please can you try pressing the Volume Down and Power Keys together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. Don't worry, this won't affect your personal data or settings. Following the reset, head to Settings > Battery And Device Care > Optimise Now, followed by Memory > Clean Now. I'd also recommend heading to the Galaxy Store > Tap the 3 lines in the bottom right > Updates, and check for any updates for the Camera app. Similarly, head to Settings > Software Update > Download and Install, followed by Settings > Biometrics and Security > Security Update. 

If the issue persists, please try restarting your S22 in Safe Mode, as this will disable all third party apps, and help to determine if the problem is stemming from an external source. To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode.

Monitor the performance for a few hours, depending on the frequency of the issue. If the Camera app doesn't display the error while in Safe Mode, then please restart the phone as you would normally, and uninstall any recently added apps. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
nickie5571
Apprentice
Options
Thanks i try and let you know
0 Likes
nickie5571
Apprentice
Options
Done everything you said and still the same
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for giving this a try @nickie5571. Does the same thing happens whilst the phone was performing in Safe Mode and has the camera phone or display been damaged in any way? 

0 Likes
nickie5571
Apprentice
Options
Yes same in safe mode
And no damage at all think it might have been an update as was fine at 1st
0 Likes