Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera tints me yellow

(Topic created on: 05-04-2023 04:55 PM)
Bry4
Journeyman
Options
So I reluctantly upgraded to the Samsung s22 ultra from my Huawei p30 pro in November 2022. Don't get me wrong the Samsung isn't a bad phone at all but I really really hate the front/selfie camera. Honestly the p30 pro's camera was absolutely amazing, true colours, great portrait mode, super macro etc and my pictures definitely seemed more true. When I use the selfie camera on my S22 Ultra, the picture first displays great but then it remasters the photos within seconds and boom, yellow tint to my skin. No matter if I use natural or bright settings on the selfie camera it's the same, it makes me look like I've got the wrong shade of foundation on, and as an mua I know exactly what that looks like. The only time it doesn't do it is when you shoot in 40MP mode but then you lose all the other features like the skin smoothing etc. Is there anyway at all to stop this yellowing, I'm fed up of thinking my pictures look great for them to then turn yellow 🙈🤦🏻‍♀️ below is a picture I took on my huawei p30 pro and then a picture on my S22 Ultra and you can quite clearly see that the s22 makes me looks yellow! I've even posted photos taken at the same time of year so you can't say oh you're just tanned etc... I just wish samsung would give the option to turn off whether you want natural or bright selfie as both of these options cause the same issue, I wish it was off, natural or bright and then at least we might actually get normal coloured selfies rather than this awful yellow/orangish tint to it. 

Huawei p30 Pro April 2022

Samsung s22 ultra April 2023

14 REPLIES 14
pete012
Explorer
Options
I see lol. I think it's the A.I built into the software itself, unfortunately unless you work at Samsung there doesn't seem to be anything you could do as the camera as you see is what the final product is meant to be like, but I highly recommend going on to download gcam app, it utilizes the cameras hardware with Google's camera software which will remedy that (my Samsung a71 had a yellow tint too and used this app to remedy this lol), but now I have a Samsung s20FE and never had an issue.
0 Likes
Bry4
Journeyman
Options
I've tried that, the natural selfie setting actually makes the yellow tint far worse than the bright setting. There's nothing natural about it at all, it's just annoying that you view yourself in normal colour, it's take the photo and for a split second the photo looks good but then bam, yellow face appears. Like I said the only setting this actually doesn't occur in is when you use the 40MP front camera but then you lose everything else like the ability to shoot on portrait mode etc, just seems like a really silly design that you can't remove the natural or bright setting when it's obvious that the camera is able to take the selfie photo without turning your yellow as it does when you use the 40mp setting.
0 Likes
Bry4
Journeyman
Options
also adjusting the photo from cool to warm still does not give a real look to the photo, even when I do this my skin goes from a yellowish tint to a greyish tint, and to be fair for the price I paid for this phone I shouldn't be having to adjust all my photos because I look yellow in them, the camera should be taking "true" coloured photos and not applying a tint to them
0 Likes
Bry4
Journeyman
Options
So this is what I mean... Top left is the back camera on my Samsung s22 with all features turned off (as in the yellow wand in top corner face features are off) - that is my true skin colour! As you can then see I progressively get more yellow/orange - top right is front camera with 40mp setting, bottom left photo mode shot in bright selfie mode, bottom right photo mode in natural selfie mode... I just don't understand the yellow tinting to the selfie camera when it's clear that the back camera is capable of true skin colour 🤦🏻 like I said I wish there was an option to turn the selfie natural/bright setting off. I mean don't egt me wrong the 40mp still does add a slight yellow tint but it's definitely not as noticeable as the bright or natural settingsGridArt_20230406_081820336_1000082242_1680765501.jpg
0 Likes
Tcf118
First Poster
Options

Mine does this too. Drives me crazy. I think I figured out how to fix it as my skin color is naturally like yours. Go to the magic wand in the corner icon. It brings up three options: Filters, face and color tone. I go to Filters and select Cool. It gives you an option 0-10. I select 0. For face I select Bright vs natural. That fixed it. When I take the selfie the color is cool tones.

0 Likes