Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera issues (Instagram)

(Topic created on: 09-04-2022 08:24 PM)
ldomingues
Apprentice
Options

Buying the S22 Ultra (and moving away from iPhone) was because Instagram (as well as other apps) were optimized to use the S22 camera API, instead of taking screenshots as most apps do. I was expecting that the supported apps would provide clear and smooth videos as well as being able to use the different lenses, as advertised: https://www.techtimes.com/articles/271629/20220209/samsung-galaxy-s22-s22-integrates-better-with-ins...

Even though I can switch between cameras in Instagram, there are too many issues compared to the iPhone experience using the same apps.

When recording a story in Instagram, when it's longer than 15 seconds, it's split into several stories (up to 4). The first few frames of each story seem (except the first) seem to be out-of-sync, which doesn't happen when I record using the camera app.

Also, when applying filters when recording a story the video is not smooth, but very jumpy.

Is anyone experiencing the same issue? Is there a software update that solves this issue?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
a21susername
Student
Options
Unfortunately, there isn't a update and it is up to the software developer to optimise it fully.
Ahmad_Dlshad
Apprentice
Options
Past few days my snapchat seems to have improved by alot, but before it was exactly like you said but not it seems really smooth so hopefully it stays like this.
Joemile
Explorer
Options
When I record any video longer than 1 slide on Instagram stories or try to upload a video longer than 30 seconds my phone device freezes and either for e closes Instagram after 10 minutes or force restarts my device..
Members_tIAPlAG
Student
Options

I have the same thing! And even if the video is 1 slide it is glitching... very disappointing.  Did someone contact samsung with that issue ? 

0 Likes
Members_Mrkn5w5
First Poster
Options

I've reported in my Samsung support option and also in the Instagram app... No reply though... If more people report it also it may receive more attention...

0 Likes
Joemile
Explorer
Options
I have reported it with logs multiple times I just get told to clear cache and restart my device. I didn't pay £800 to restart my device whenever I want to use Instagram lol
0 Likes
ldomingues
Apprentice
Options

That's ridiculous! Anyway, does that work-around works? I've tried and it doesn't...

0 Likes