Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tracking while phone is off

(Topic created on: 09-04-2022 09:20 PM)
SeanSmith749
Apprentice
Options

I was wondering if there was a feature to reserve a portion of your battery for low power tracking so if you lose charge and your phone it can still connect to other Samsungs to track it down. I was also curious if there was a way to ensure even if your phone is off it can still be tracked as I lost my s20+ last year and don't want to lose my s22 ultra and if I do I can find it again. if this is not a current feature I would love to see it integrated in the future. Thank you for reading.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
If u have ur location on u can find ur phone even if u lose it. Even if ur location not on and ur battery dies it automatically turns on location as I have seen that my self on my S22.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@SeanSmith749: While it isn't exactly what you described above, please head to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Find My Mobile > On. From here, enable Send Last Location to allow the phone to send the location of your device to the Find My Mobile servers when the battery falls below a certain level. Also, enable Offline Finding to locate your phone even if it's offline, and help other Galaxy users find their devices. 

SeanSmith749
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for the response but my main concern is if for example my phone dies when I'm out and it is lost after it dies would there be a way to recover it e.g. location. BTW I have enabled every feature on find my phone. I'm mainly asking for peace of mind going into the future with my new phone.
0 Likes
SeanSmith749
Apprentice
Options
I'll assume when you say your location you mean it's last location when it died. BTW thanks for the response 👍