Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls dropping

(Topic created on: 04-03-2022 09:03 PM)
mark770
Voyager
Options
Anyone having issues with calls dropping after approx 10 mins? Pretty much every call that I make drops between 10 and 15 mins. My data services also appear to freeze whilst on a voice call. Fairly certain it isn't due to my network as no issues with the S21 Ultra I upgraded from
23 REPLIES 23
amoscow
Journeyman
Options

So seems to be an inherent issue that many are facing. Anything from Samsung? I've pinged support but have not heard anything back as yet.

mark770
Voyager
Options
Absolutely nothing at all yet. Haven't seen anything that implies they even acknowledge the issue
amoscow
Journeyman
Options

That's what I thought. I've started dropping comments on prominent YouTubers' accounts and consumer tech sites that have reviewed the S22 series to see if they are willing to pick up the issue.

0 Likes
Davieturner
Journeyman
Options
I'm the same. Absolutely awful, use this phone for business. Have been on the Samsung upgrade program for a number of years getting the latest galaxy when it's released. Embarrassing being on constant business calls that hang up and having to call back mid sentence. Needs sorting ASAP! A flagship phone that can't sustain calls
Darbis
Voyager
Options

new software out today

mark770
Voyager
Options

Yep updated it. Now to wait and see and 🤞. Cheers 

mark770
Voyager
Options

Same as mine....business calls are embarrassing. Hopefully today's bumper update will address🤞

0 Likes
amoscow
Journeyman
Options

Me too. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet. Come back and let me know how you guys get on. I've emailed a journalist today at Trusted Reviews to see if they have experienced similar and to highlight that this is a widespread problem. He has given both the Ultra and the Plus 4 and half stars out of 5, so you'd hope he is motivated to ensure he can stand by his score.

mark770
Voyager
Options
I'll keep you posted on my experience as I put it to the test.
0 Likes
the_baker
Apprentice
Options

I have the s22 ultra for a week and it does that on almost every call I've had. Sometimes after 20min, sometimes after just couple of minutes. Last night I updated it with the latest OTA they dropped and today it dropped once again almost every call I had. The last time it was just after a minute. Supper annoyed from that. This is a super expensive phone, supposedly the top notch of Samsung and such issues are unacceptable. I understand nowadays we use our phone for much more than just calling, but after all it is a PHONE.