Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biometrics not available anymore; Need to enter PIN each unlock

(Topic created on: 09-11-2022 06:06 PM)
StevenRiz
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone. All of a sudden yesterday, my biometrics are unavailable and I need to enter my PIN each time I need to unlock the phone. If I tap on LEARN MORE, it reads "When you use biometrics, you'll need to enter your PIN every 72 hours to ensure your security". Which is fine I guess, but it still doesn't allow biometrics each and every time I unlock the phone, which is basically many times per hour. I rescanned my face and re-did my fingerprints. Everything is checked on and it appears to want to work, yet it doesn't when I try to unlock the phone. What else can I check??

thx,

Steve

9 REPLIES 9
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

What are you unlocking? Lock screen or some app. Are you using Samsung or some third party launcher like Nova? 

0 Likes
StevenRiz
Apprentice
Options

Hello. I am simply unlocking the phone itself. Not an app in this case. But now that you mention it, the fingerprint image appears for the fingerprint enabled apps. That is once I enter my PIN To unlock the phone. I'm so afraid I will need to factory reset this thing and I certainly don't want to do that. thanks for the reply!

Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@StevenRiz Hello, check if you have a pending biometric security update. Access Settings/Biometric data and security/More biometric data settings-Biometric security patch.
If you use facial recognition, make sure that the camera is very clean and that the screen protector does not prevent recognition.
If it still persists, access Safe Mode and go through the configuration process again. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
StevenRiz
Apprentice
Options

I checked and it had the latest security patch. I shut it off for a while, not just restart. Turned it back on and biometrics are working again. No idea why it happened. Thanks for the support!!

Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@StevenRiz No problem. I'm glad you solved it, greetings!

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
PeterGosling
Apprentice
Options

I posted in another thread ... I've had the same issue — Biometric security patch Fingerprint version 6.0.0.9 — I'm on my tenth power cycle and full factory reset/restore all files and settings ...  This is a full-time work phone I'm using every week on site and home and fingerprint security and quality of performance was one of the main reasons I stuck with Samsung and didn't go with another brand.

I really hope this is something that gets resolved, since rebooting will periodically resolve and cause the fingerprint sensor to reestablish functionality until a driver is loaded in the background and then disables it again.

0 Likes
PeterGosling
Apprentice
Options

Just an update; I've had this thing restored 3 times now ... I'm one step away from sending this in to Samsung under warranty ... Biometrics still disabling about 10-20 minutes in after a shutdown and startup or hard reset ... ... I can't even register my fingerprint after a factory reset; let alone scan to unlock.  This is a major flaw in the August 1 update ...

0 Likes
Elishia
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue. It's frustrating to enter Pin everytime to auto fill or to use biometrics. Is there a fix?

0 Likes
dylanrk111
Apprentice
Options

How did you resolve this issue? Please let me know more details.