Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery protection feature stops the voltage of charger?

(Topic created on: 17-03-2022 07:12 AM)
Maor_Aver
Journeyman
Options
Hey guys, a little question for you.
Does anyone know how battery protection works?
If I, for example, determine in Bixby routines that once the battery reaches 80% - then battery protection will work, and the device remains connected to the charger, will each time it reaches 80% it stops charging, drops to 79, and then charge again to 80%? Or that once it reaches 80% and sees that the battery protection feature is working, then it stops the voltage between the device and the charger?
0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
Maor_Aver
Journeyman
Options

Thats kinda answering my question and the answer is yes, the phone keep charging.

If you say that you go to sleep and wake up with 85%, that means that sometime at night your phone complete his 85% charging, goes down to 84% and then goes up again to 85%, time after time. that not good for the battery life!

mieloncom
Pathfinder
Options
No, my phone's not dropped any % when it's charging. If the phone does not use too hard the CPU or GPU.
If I start the example play in the games with a higher resolution and the battery charge will be slower so I may drop % normally is not possible.
You can verify the green bars.
I know this not good for the battery life but my s22ultra working very well.Screenshot_20220317-105359_Device care_15421_1647514735.jpgScreenshot_20220317-103901_Device care_15420_1647513650.jpgScreenshot_20220317-112352_Device care_15423_1647516252.jpg
0 Likes
Maor_Aver
Journeyman
Options

So it always keep on 85% until the morning? without charging again and again over night?

0 Likes
mieloncom
Pathfinder
Options
Yes buddy this how your device should be working.
If not, something is wrong.😉
0 Likes
Maor_Aver
Journeyman
Options

thats excatly why im afraid, i dont want to ruin my battery life, and if it will drop and gain every time this will kill my battery.

but if it will stay on 85% without moving, even if its stays on chager, its good! hope it really like this

0 Likes
mieloncom
Pathfinder
Options
I had this rountine in my previous note20 ultra. after usable the phone almost two years the battery life was amazing and long. Hopefully you only have software problems also try to wipe the cache partition..
0 Likes
Maor_Aver
Journeyman
Options

and may I ask if you charge wirelessly at night or with a regular adaptive charger?

0 Likes
mieloncom
Pathfinder
Options
I'm always using a regular original adaptive charger with longer charger cable 3m (up to 100 watts)
0 Likes
thomastagle
First Poster
Options

With the battery protect turned off, I charge my s22 ultra to 88% then turn on the battery protect so that it will bypass the batery & use the A/C as a power source.. So that I wouldn't use my battery.. I do this because I am always inside my house.. I only use my battery when I am outside..

ChrisChinye
Student
Options

Thanks for your post... I must say, it looks like you were reading my mind. Yesterday, I charged my phone up to 95% and then quickly turned on the "Battery protect" feature and plugged my phone back in. The battery never went below 95%, nor did it charge over 95%! I'm looking forward to testing your theory of "bypassing the battery & use the A/C as a power source... and see how it goes.

0 Likes