Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery protection feature stops the voltage of charger?

(Topic created on: 17-03-2022 07:12 AM)
Maor_Aver
Journeyman
Options
Hey guys, a little question for you.
Does anyone know how battery protection works?
If I, for example, determine in Bixby routines that once the battery reaches 80% - then battery protection will work, and the device remains connected to the charger, will each time it reaches 80% it stops charging, drops to 79, and then charge again to 80%? Or that once it reaches 80% and sees that the battery protection feature is working, then it stops the voltage between the device and the charger?
0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
mieloncom
Pathfinder
Options
I set up my Bixbyrountines if I have battery protection and fast charging off until 6:00am After battery protection is off and I have charging 15% less than 10 min 100% the battery. And it seems there's a longer battery life. I don't need to charge the phone more than once per day.Screenshot_20220317-090652_Bixby Routines_15409_1647508158.jpg
Maor_Aver
Journeyman
Options

Thats excatly what I want to do, but my question is how the protection battery works?

Lets say I do it like you, from 21 to 6 with when battery level is on 80% so put protection on, does it mean that each time it reaches 80% it stops charging, drops to 79, and then charge again to 80%? Or that once it reaches 80% and sees that the battery protection feature is working, then it stops the voltage between the device and the charger?

0 Likes
mieloncom
Pathfinder
Options
Do you have an original super fast charger for the Samsung??
For me this rountines functions very well but I use only orginal chargers... I have the battery charge up to 85% when the protection of the battery is on.
Try to wipe the cache partition ...
Also don't buy charger on the ebay or amazon if is not recommended seller sometimes you can buy cheaper but is fake...20220317_093347_15413_1647509629.jpg
0 Likes
Maor_Aver
Journeyman
Options

Yes I have, but you still don't really understand my question.

I just want to be sure that if I enable the protection battery over night, the phone will charge as well up to the percent I set for it, and when it reach the percent the charging will stop. 
So my question is, does the charge is stop when receiving the percent I set to it?

mieloncom
Pathfinder
Options
I I have my the Battery protection for 85 % if the phone is used very hard you can drop 1% and it is recharged up to 85% you have s22 maybe is different than s22ultra but suppose must be working the same until 85%. And that's why I think something's wrong if you only can charge up to 80%, this is not recommended if you can set up for 85%. But rountines must work, how you set up if is 80% the phone should be charged until 80% only you can drop 1% if you be using more power than charger can charge if you have setup to slow charge only this is possible normally not..Screenshot_20220317-095255_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20220317-095821_Brave.jpgScreenshot_20220317-095155_Brave.jpg
0 Likes
Maor_Aver
Journeyman
Options

I have s22 ultra, and i have the 85% battery protection.

And again, my question is - if I turn this option on(85% battery protection) in specific time at night, when it reach the 85%, it stops the charging even if it stays connected to the charger?
it will drop battery percent even if it stays connected to the charger?

mieloncom
Pathfinder
Options
No buddy this can't be drop any % If you have s22ultra. looks like the power stop working and working again absolutely this not normal.
Check your charger and cable..
0 Likes
Maor_Aver
Journeyman
Options

no, this is not happend to me, i want it to stop charging once it reached the 85%. Ill try to describe you.
i want to do like this: (if battery is on 80%, enable protection battery and disable fast and super fast charging).

Maor_Aver_0-1647512260566.png

So now, my question is, if this bixby routine is enable, it will go down to 79% and then again to 80%, time after time after time?

or once it reach the current percent and do what it should do, it disable the charging, even while connected to the charger?

hope I was more clear now

mieloncom
Pathfinder
Options
Hopefully that will be clear now as well.
If my procedure is working basically I have 85% and the battery charging stops when is 85%.
I don't have any gaps with charging when the phone is wired to connect to the charger
when I wake-up example 5:50am
I have 85% battery nothing less and more the phone is not charging until 6:00 am after the phone start charging normal up 100% the battery.
In my opinion Bixby rountines must work, how you set up.
If the phone is connected the battery is normally charging everything is on the green line and also the phone is not using the battery when phone is connected to charger, even if the charging is slower..Screenshot_20220317-103901_Device care_15420_1647513650.jpgScreenshot_20220317-105359_Device care_15421_1647514735.jpg
0 Likes