Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery is awful S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 04-07-2022 02:43 AM)
thedmnd1
First Poster
Options

How does my battery on my brand new S22 Ultra drain while it is plugged into the charger?  This is the worst battery I have ever seen.  I though the S21 was awful until this device.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @thedmnd1 

May I ask a few questions please.

1. Are you using a Samsung Charging Brick and cable when charging up the phone ? Ensure the cable is free from damage as well as the usb-c connector.

Perhaps try another.

2. Is the phone turned On when charging up the phone ? If so it sounds like your phone us consuming more power than what is being put into it.

Try > Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

Personally I'm using a Samsung Charging Brick and cable and usually at night have my phone powered down and it charges fine.

Although if I need to ever top up the battery through the day I use a Samsung Wireless Charging Stand,  with the phone turned On and what's happening with your phone does not happen with mine.

Try a Soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On.

Ensure your phone's software is updated.

Make sure your usb-c port is clean of debris too.

Please also try the following  >

Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

There is a diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members App.

If this continues then as a last resort back up and factory reset.

A Samsung Service Centre can check out the phone.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are you using Samsung Charger? Only time I have seen that is when the phone isn't getting enough power to charge, like plugging in to a laptop
0 Likes
carguy143
Pathfinder
Options
I agree. It sounds like a charger that's not powerful enough or compatible is being used.
0 Likes