Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain after OneUI 5.0 update

(Topic created on: 31-10-2022 01:52 AM)
jackjacka
Explorer
Options
Hi everyone,

Just wanting to see if everyone/anyone else is experiencing massive battery drain after the latest update? Mine was totally fine beforehand, getting about 8 hours of screen on time and now barely gets 5.5. I've already logged an error with Samsung directly but wanted to hear from the community. See attached photos of before (in blue) and after (in green). 

Really frustrating and can't understand why they can't get the battery right, it's been all over the place with each update. Any tips?

I'm running in adaptive refresh, WQHD, majority of apps in deep sleep, no battery limits, no adaptive brightness but never over 25%, mostly on wi-fi, additional ram at 2gb, speed optimise on normal setting, pretty standard setup really. This was the case on both samples.

36 REPLIES 36
zimma71
Voyager
Options
These updates aint worth a rub .
Worse than windows mobile ever was
jackjacka
Explorer
Options
At this rate it actually seems like a reasonable idea
0 Likes
jackjacka
Explorer
Options
That's great, is that with very minimal screen on time or are you doing some kinda voodoo?
0 Likes
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
My phone has lasted longer with this off Screenshot_20221031_142951_Settings_1000001467_1667226591.jpg
jackjacka
Explorer
Options
Thanks, yeah mines is always off but the process still runs in the background so I have to force stop the app every time I restart
Startracker
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I'm facing the same battery drain issue.

Used to get close to a day and a half worth of battery with my usage. 

My usage has not changed,  I can't even get though the day now. 

jackjacka
Explorer
Options
Hey man, notify Samsung by submitting and error report just so they have a record. Then go to your settings -> apps -> press in the filter option -> turn on the switch for system apps -> then search for UWB app and force it to stop, then turn the battery utilisation to restricted on the same app. You'll have to do it after each restart, but it's brought my battery times back up a bit at least. Hope it helps! Shame the update seemed to have knocked something loose as it were
0 Likes
Mayuucool
First Poster
Options

I totally agree with you. When it comes to proving things, it is a bit difficult but for a regular user, it is not that difficult to see the differences.

The backup is reduced, with my regular usage it would last me for 2 days and be on say 17-18% not same happens within a day. 

Members_NmZRWYu
Student
Options

Same here! So frustrating. My battery used to least a lot and now drains so fast. And I haven't changed any settings. 

Stanley3b
Apprentice
Options

my s21 ultra, drain so fast as twice as before even when idle. nothing is draining in battery health no apps is listed for 5hrs but it drains 30-40% idle power thats huge because before its juts 5-10% max drain when idle