Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Issues since Android 13 Update

(Topic created on: 12-11-2022 12:10 PM)
Members_0CFA9Eg
Student
Options

I installed the Android 13 and One UI 5 update the other day and now I have an issue with audio and video playback.

I've noticed it's even I try to change the volume while sound is playing, whether it's a video, music, a ringtone in the settings, literally any sound. The sound playing plays in like 1 second blasts. It's hard to explain but it's like a every second, on the second it plays a few milliseconds of sound, like it's skipping.

This has basically made my phone unusable for media. Anyone else experienced this or know what is causing it? I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra.

43 REPLIES 43
Members_S6BADGO
First Poster
Options

I have a problem with audio during vidoe calls, on whatsaap, i tried google meet and I have same problem. Basicly i cant have video call without the issue, very disappointed with this update.

My phone samsung galaxy s22 plus

Members_0CFA9Eg
Student
Options

Okay so I've figured out it's to do with Bluetooth. Even though I only have my Samsung Galaxy Watch connected via Bluetooth, if I turn Bluetooth off the audio playback is fine.

I then tried my Bluetooth speaker and it wouldn't play. So this update has not only broken all sound playback when Bluetooth is enabled, I can no longer use Bluetooth audio devices at all!!

Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
Ozomedia
Journeyman
Options
S22 ultra android 13 upgrade issues .. dropped WhatsApp calls - error flashes on screen about microphone problems and Bluetooth connectivity to external speaker. Have to switch off phone regularly to reconnect to Bluetooth speaker. Anybody else with similar issues?
Members_e9Ou1wN
First Poster
Options

i am also having same problems since update .  i lose audio and then drops call saying problem with microphone. samsung s22 ultra. only have problems since andriod 13 update . looking for ideas of fix or workaround.

Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

What's the exact error message with WhatsApp? Grant permissions if asked 

0 Likes
itsmurry
Student
Options
I have this issue as well, any audio playing stutters constantly on any app, eg Spotify, Facebook video, Instagram reels,

I've tried changing the volume as well, and it just goes up and down on the screen volume level indicator. Today when I recorded it the Bixby volume as randomly going up and down.

Can't add video so having to add screenshots of it. Screenshot_20221113_222701_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20221113_222645_Gallery.jpg
disame
Explorer
Options
Yes this is my same issue. So frustrating
Ozomedia
Journeyman
Options
Does Samsung monitor this type of chat?