Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AoD battery icon

(Topic created on: 15-04-2022 10:07 AM)
Communityname6
Student
Options

Hi,

Just upgraded from an s8 to s22+, and liking it so far.

The issue I am having is with the always on display. On my old s8 everything slowly moved around the screen to prevent burn in, but this isn't 100% the case with the s22.

I have set show fingerprint icon when tapped, but the battery remaining at the bottom has no option to hide it.

I get why the fingerprint icon can't move as the sensor is in a fixed position, but why doesn't the battery remaining move around the screen like the clock? On the s8 the % was directly underneath the clock and moved with it.

I've tried different themes, good lock, turning off show battery info on charge/battery percentage to no avail.

Is there an option to hide it or make it move around thr screen besides the 1 or 2 pixel shift it currently does. I want to reduce the risk of burn in.

If there is no option could this be forwarded to samsung to add?

Otherwise I will switch to tap to show AoD, which isn't as good.

Many thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
GBBG
Explorer
Options
You won't get screen burn. Calm down.
Communityname6
Student
Options

Probably not but over 4-5 years of the life of the phone who knows.🤷‍

I think what is more annoying is the lack of ability to configure it. It doesn't even honor the colour chosen for the clock, where as the s8 AoD does.

Perhaps a future update will change this.

Thanks 

0 Likes
Communityname6
Student
Options

Actually I've just noticed the battery icon/charging text moves around by about a cm, not a few pixels, so that removes a lot of worry. (Like the clock does but to a smaller degree so hard to notice)

Would still be nice if could configure only to show when charging or it's colour. 1st world problems I guess 😁

0 Likes
efi99
Explorer
Options

There is an option in Lock Star to remove the battery icon and the percentage from AOD. (In Lock Star :tap on AOD preview screen, tap on battery icon area, then on the settings icon bottom left, then choose the second option. )

Communityname6
Student
Options
👍 this fixed it for me.

For others when selecting the element there is a little 4 square icon on bottom left, tap this to edit thr settings.

And on the time element you can add the battery percentage back in there.
0 Likes