Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abysmal performance issues

(Topic created on: 12-03-2022 03:36 PM)
Thyrador
Apprentice
Options

Heya folks, I really needed to let some steam off and talk about the situation I'm in.

Since my Note 10+ (which I really loved) caused me major headaches due to very bad battery life recently (couldn't use it at all, 2-3h stand-by time, wents off while calling even if the charger is plugged in, yada yada) I decided to finally get a new unit, with a S-Pen of course.

I noticed that it wasn't much of a big step to the Note 20, so I decided to get myself the S22U, to have not just the latest device, but keeping the Note experience.

I was really surprised that it arrived quite early (25.02), even though there's a high demand. Do far, so good I thought.

I experienced the issues that were known at that time: lagging, display issues, apps crashed or refreshed way too often. It was the weekend, do I thought I might give it some days and an update to hopefully get better.

Man was I clueless to what I was about to experience after the weekend.

I didn't do much to the decide during the weekend, mostly because I hadn't the time to fully set it up. Just switched sim cards to the new device, had the things set up I needed the most and wanted to finish the weekend after.

Unfortunately I needed to open a case on the very same day, 28.02, because what I experienced during the day was outraging.

I'm almost all of my calls I experienced random drop outs, not being able to even answer a call or lots of complaints from the other side that they couldn't understand me, due to me suddenly stutter or even not receiving anything from my end. To make the matter worse, I experienced the same. Since I need the phone for work (I get called a lot) this is something that make me want to throw that thing against a wall, very often...

Days like these leave me frustrated, because there's a high chance of me losing money because I can't take proper care of my customers.

I could at least enjoy some music while heading back home, to relieve some stress, right? Oh boy, you're so very wrong. These random drop outs/freezes are there too, causing the music to stutter/jitter out just completely going off, because the app crashed.

So no music for me then, I guess. Then let me at least enjoy some random bullshit at the internet. My phone decided to rather let me not. Because: opening anything seems to be so stressful to the device, that it either does nothing, or take a very long time to open anything, or just process and input.

The only thing it is good at, at the moment, is as a paperweight.

Now basically I have no working phone left and still no answer from Samsung about when I get a replacement unit, since I'm one of the unlucky ones that seemed to receive a bad unit.

Even though I reached out to the support multiple times, they just said that they can raise the priority level (which was not high when I created the issue) but still nothing since then.

I am really frustrated since I need a working device for work and I don't want to buy another (cheap) phone just to have something else until the issues get fixed.

Just tell me at least how long it will take our house we can resolve the issue as quick as possible. I am really frustrated about this, never had issues like this before.

Please Samsung, reach out to me and let me know how long it'll take to get a replacement unit and hope it's not as faulty as the current one.

I really need a working device.

Oh and thank you for "listening". I wanted to get that off my chest.

Stay safe.

14 REPLIES 14
smiley
Hotshot
Options
Sorry to hear of your problems and stress.

Can I ask a question ? Did you transfer all settings and applications from your previous phone using smartswitch app ?

Smartswitch has been problematic in the past, and has also been for the S22.

It is never a good idea to transfer all contents between phones... and particularly between different android versions... the S22 being a newer version.

A lot of issues can occur from application incompatibility... and unfortunately a lot of the issues are due to the developers of the apps not having updated them correctly.

A lot of users have reported a much better response after doing a factory reset, clearing cache and installing your most used apps from Google plays store.

Think of it as a spring clean. Of course you can sync your contacts, messages and other contents using Google account or only syncing these contents using transfer tool.

This very same issue was experienced with the S21 a year ago. I would suggest giving a factory reset a try... it sounds like you have nothing to lose.

I hope you fix your issues.

Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
Thyrador
Apprentice
Options

A factory reset was the first thing I did after the first occurrences.

And like I said I'm the opening message, the device was barely set up. I had issues with smart switch in the past, so I'm not gonna use it anymore.

I also installed the stock firmware/the update multiple times (as per recommendation), which didn't change a thing.

For what I noticed it's, that the S22U suddenly heats up and then it starts to lag/freeze.

It happens in stand by too, so it's not just when I use it.

Also I really don't want to factory reset again since I did that more often than for all the other devices I own (since S1).

That can't be right. The support addressed this as a faulty device, if I've understand them correctly.

I've never had these issues with any device, or even backups before. If it's a software issue, why doesn't it affect the Snapdragon variants too? It's always the Exynos I read about, having these issues.

Not all of the users have them (at least at that level), which is what lets me think I just got one from a bad charge.

0 Likes
dsss
Voyager
Options
Well well! I moved everything using smart switch had soo many issues including stuttering. I factory reset everything yesterday and it feels lot faster and smoother. No glitches or anything
Sniffer
Pathfinder
Options
I feel for you mate. Is it possible to arrange a swap out through a Samsung shop if there's one close by?
0 Likes
Thyrador
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately there is no shop nearby. I otherwise would have tried already.

The only thing closest to it would be a "Samsung authorized" affiliate shop. But I'm afraid they won't cover all the services I need, or charge extra for the service.

0 Likes
Thyrador
Apprentice
Options

But I have these issues even after factory reset, without restoring any app.

But it makes me somewhat optimistic that some/most can get around with a little effort.

Maybe I'll get "lucky" with the replacement unit, whenever I get one.

0 Likes
Sniffer
Pathfinder
Options
Yep, I'd be reluctant too unless they can swap straight out. With the phones selling out and limited supply due to various factors it's a vicious circle.
0 Likes
dsss
Voyager
Options
Yes! But there are sooooo many bugs needs to be fixed
0 Likes
Thyrador
Apprentice
Options

Yup, that's what I am concerned about the most. I can barely use the device, for about 2 weeks now and still no end in sight.

I might ending getting myself a super cheap phone just to make calls, which will cost me extra money (for the phone and extra sim, since I have an eSim already).

Samsung really needs to sort that out quickly. My patience is limited. I'd would be happier if they were at least inform me about the status somehow. Instead it's dead silent. Ticket didn't get updated since I opened it, no mail it call from Samsung. This is very frustrating to me.

0 Likes