Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi wont switch on

(Topic created on: 05-05-2023 06:40 PM)
RinsingSounds
Apprentice
Options
Hi! 

Over the last week my WiFi wont switch on, can't even get to the screen to scan for networks it just goes light blue and switches itself off. I have exhausted all reset options I can find, even tried a new sim card today which was advised by my service provider. 

Has anyone experienced this before? Ant fixes? 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Nirpal
First Poster
Options
I haven't experienced this before but have you tried to factory reset your phone?
0 Likes
RinsingSounds
Apprentice
Options
It will stay like this for few mins then stop. Screenshot_20230505_202553_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
RinsingSounds
Apprentice
Options
That will be next move, however I need to back my phone up. Over poor signal could take some time 🤣
RinsingSounds
Apprentice
Options
No change, must be hardware issue. I've tried phone in safe mode also, to rule out a bad app.
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @RinsingSounds. Before you perform a Factory reset, you can back up your phone using the steps provided in the following guide:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/backing-up-and-restoring-data-on-my-galaxy/

Backing up with Smart Switch on your PC or Mac will mean that do not need to do this wirelessly, so that should save you some time.

I also recommend having a look at the guide below (from Samsung Ireland) for helpful tips on getting your Wi-Fi connection working as expected again:

https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/mobile-devices/i-cant-connect-to-wifi/

Please let me know whether these steps help.

0 Likes
RinsingSounds
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for your reply, all tips and steps have been tried, still no change. Presuming after reading that it is a software issue?? Although my phone doesn't actually switch the WiFi on, doesn't go past that step.
0 Likes
RinsingSounds
Apprentice
Options
For network settings yes, no change.

Haven't reset whole phone yet as need to back up data.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
IIRC wifi and Bluetooth are on the same module. Does your Bluetooth work?
Have you tested wifi when in safe mode?
0 Likes
RinsingSounds
Apprentice
Options
Bluetooth works ok, have tested WiFi in safe mode and does same thing.

I have found another thread in samsung community dating back to when android 13 update came out, many other people are experiencing same fault. Guessing its a software issue, people have stated they have done a full factory reset and fault still persists. 🙄
0 Likes