Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi button literally not doing anything

(Topic created on: 17-03-2023 06:55 PM)
kekekekekekes
Apprentice
Options
I'm trying to turn on my WiFi but the button itself does nothing, it doesn't even change colour, you just press the button on my phone to turn on the WiFi and it does nothing, connecting to mobile data works fine but I physically cannot turn my WiFi on. is this tied to the issue that started a couple months ago where multiple times a day my phone will just reset on its own, sometimes stuck in a reboot loop for hours.ive already factory reset my phone once and it changed nothing, help!
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@kekekekekekes: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue on your Galaxy S21 series device. If the Quick Panel icon is not responding, please can you try heading to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi, and toggling it on from here to see if this helps? 

If the problem persists, please restart the phone in Safe Mode, as this will disable all third party apps, and help to determine if the problem is stemming from an external source. To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode.

With Safe Mode active, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom and tap on the Wi-Fi icon. If it changes colour to signify that it has been activated successfully, then please restart the phone as you would normally and uninstall any apps that you have introduced to the device since the factory reset. 

If the problem persists, then please reach out to our Help Desk via samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the screen > Contact us (or check the 'Support' categories), and an advisor will be able to assist you further. 

0 Likes
kekekekekekes
Apprentice
Options
still nothing whilst doing this on safe mode
0 Likes
Rhythmeister
First Poster
Options

Same here, as of this week. Safe mode does nothing to assist neither 😒 I've never even heard of WiFi failure on a mobile, I think it's time to upgrade to another manufacturer!