Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in Price Changed

(Topic created on: 16-01-2021 12:11 PM)
PaulUltra
Journeyman
Options

Very disappointed, just about to order S21 Ultra and the trade in price for my S20 Ultra has lowered by £60, 😤 this never happened last year when I upgraded after 5 days on release date of the S20 Ultra.

Samsung online chat says it has changed.!

Very disappointed indeed £60 difference in 2 days is very wrong, Samsung you have just lost an Order !, I will not be ripped off by £60 value in 2 days.

10 REPLIES 10
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

On the day of the unpacked event, I did a price check and went through the checkout on the S21 Ultra to work out the costs...  my older Galaxy S10 plus was valued at £400 on that day... but this also decreased on the next day to £350. 

I assume the first day was some kind of promotional 'unpacked day' special offer with an extra uplift in trade value.   I was also disappointed when i realised, but this is a top gadget purchase of £1329 + extras, so a £50 change is hardly going to change things much.  So although I wasn't happy... £50 wasn't going to be the reason to break my upgrade.

it is what it is... although when I look at selling the phone privately and it's current market value, then I very much doubt I would get better than £350 with extra hassle of sale through ebay or a marketplace, and with some fees.  So if I think about it, £350 is a very fair price for my phone.   At Christmas it was valued for trade at £250 against a Note20 Ultra... so this value of £350 is actually a pretty good price... with an uplift for pre-order promotion.     

Your best bet is to work out what your phone is worth to sell...   i had a quick look at Ebay at the s20 ultra,  and they are typically selling for somewhere between £450 to £650 in a "pre-owned" condition.  For you, maybe it is worth the effort of listing and selling privately... only you can decide. 

There are also a lot of other websites in the UK with uplifted trade values against a new S21,  such as carphone warehouse... or if you think you can sell it for more as a third party sale then why not do that.  

Kind Regards

Smiley 😄

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
PaulUltra
Journeyman
Options
it's not that fact of the £60, it's the principal, last year Samsung did not do this, I brought the S20 Ultra for the same trade in value of my S10+, same as launch day.
With a very high cost of the phone now without included charger and headphones, it may be time to look at other brands, as £60 trade value change is wrong in my opinion.
so for me it's about principle, so I'll look for a better deal for just keep my perfect condition S20 Ultra 😊. But probably as I think of it Samsung just lost a sale.
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

Yep... actually in your situation and the upgrade from a 20 ultra to a 21 ultra is a much less technological jump... so I understand entirely.    In fact to sell for ~£600 against the buying cost of £1200 a year ago doesn't make a lot of sense... personally i think you would be wise to make that choice.  

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Diggermick
Apprentice
Options

I have had a similar situation was in the middle of pre-ordering the Samsung Galaxy s 21+ I was trading in my Samsung Galaxy S20 the trade-in value was £440 when I went back to complete the order it has reduced to £350 a difference of £90 in a matter of of an hour not very happy will not be going through this purchase as a matter of principle

PaulUltra
Journeyman
Options
Yes I agree, very wrong to lower the price. Samsung did not do this last year. It remained the same price of trade through the pre deal. So that's 2 loss sales . It's the principle of the change that's why I will not buy it now.
0 Likes
Fobss
Pioneer
Options

Hi guys I somehow managed to see it for £540 (S20+) so i added it to basked then in my basket it was £450 so i went back and added it again this time it stayed as £540 and my final confirmed order also says £540 do you guys think this may be an error and if so would they be likely to offer the £540 or tell me it is reduced to £450

0 Likes
PaulUltra
Journeyman
Options
If your invoice states 540 them that's what the have go to pay you for the trade, print it off , save it, screen shot etc 😂😂. I wishine would do that.
0 Likes
TristenSmith
Explorer
Options
Annoying, I noticed this too!
AnfyFitz
Apprentice
Options
I completed my trade in and got £540 for the S20+. Transaction completed and they have taken my money so don't worry about that, really bizarre though that they would only offer that price for one day and not bother to tell anyone... quick lesson in how to lose customers!
0 Likes