Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Settings keeps crashing when trying to use "Do Not Disturb" in Modes and Routine

(Topic created on: 06-02-2023 07:50 AM)
Elijah Gunter
Apprentice
Options

Modes and routines has been a great addition since I first updated to OneUI 5; however, a few days after doing so Modes and Routines suddenly stopped working properly. I've tried clearing cache and storage space, even uninstalled and reinstalled all the updates that came with modes and routines and yet it still doesn't want to work.

The issue I keep having is that suddenly I can't access the "Do Not Disturb" setting within the app. Anytime I do, I am either met with a "Settings Have Stopped Working" error, or it'll just take me back to the main menu of the app. I can't edit any of the unique Do Not Disturb's (say I want my family or favorite contacts to be able to reach me during the sleep routine, and no one to reach me during the relax routine) and that was one of the main features I enjoyed about the new Modes (bringing it similar to Apple's focus mode).

Is there anything I can do? Or is it software specific and I have to wait for an update? I've attached a video to give you guys more of an idea of the issues I've been going through (whenever it gets approved).

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Make sure it has the relevant permissions under app permissions.

If you have already tried wipe cache and it doesn't work then may be factory reset maybe the only option.

Also check for any app updates regularly.
0 Likes
Solution
Elijah Gunter
Apprentice
Options

So I found a solution but it's a very tedious process. I'm only posting about it for anyone that ends up in the same boat as me.

What I did was I ended up restarting my phone in recovery mode and selected the "repair apps" option. It's annoying because I have to connect it to a computer to do it, but I learned that as long as your phone optimizes your apps during a restart, it'll work.

Hope Samsung comes out with a real solution. I don't want to restart my phone every day just to use the feature

0 Likes