Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set App Password To Use Email App

(Topic created on: 01-06-2022 11:09 PM)
KezzaL
Apprentice
Options
I've been using Samsung phones for almost 5 years. Today I've been told I can no longer use the email app, for my Sky account, without setting an app password. I've never had one before and now my emails no longer sync.  My btinternet account in the same app is unaffected.
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Which email app are you referring to? The Samsung one? Who stated you have to set a password? Sorry but I'm confused.
0 Likes
KezzaL
Apprentice
Options
I was using the Samsung app. A message kept coming up on the screen saying I needed to set an app password. I kept hitting the x to get rid of message and it kept coming back. I've given up and installed Outlook instead. Thanks for replying.
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
I use Fastmail as my email provider and they also require you to generate an app password to use the account via Samsung's email app. If you look at the help section on Sky's website it will probably give instructions on how to do it I think it is an extra security feature and you only need to set it up once
( you should also be able to delete it on your Sky account at any time in the future if you stop using the Samsung email app )
0 Likes
KezzaL
Apprentice
Options
Thanks ever so much for your help papashaun. It's much appreciated.
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
You're welcome - hope you get it sorted !
0 Likes