Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s21 notification sounds

(Topic created on: 12-02-2021 12:15 AM)
BillyTucker
First Poster
Options

Does anyone know how to enable custom / unique notification sounds? For example on all my other phones snapchat, what's app and facebook all had unique sounds specific to the app, however on my s21 they seem to have downgraded and only have the default samsung notification sound. It's really irritating not being able to identify what app is going off when I'm not at my phone, does anyone have a fix?

12 REPLIES 12
Mackers8578
Student
Options
you need to move the sound/songs to the notifications or ringtone folders.
0 Likes
Brian007
Navigator
Options
I went into WhatsApp own settings and changed the default sounds there.
0 Likes
dawnmytroff72
First Poster
Options
or u can go through settings into notifercations.
0 Likes
Mihaita88
Journeyman
Options
on mine the notification are more louder then others. even if the volume is at minimum
bboogg
First Poster
Options

Up.
On my phone also seems that you can set up custom sounds only from within the app. But some apps do not have this option, and the one that used to be within the Android settings (Apss & Notifications) disappeared on S21....

0 Likes
eynhorn2000
First Poster
Options

Anyone? Samsung people? Someone please figure this out. My notifications are also at volume 1 and are way too loud. Is there some hidden setting on the s21?

Mihaita88
Journeyman
Options
still couldn't fix the problem. and is doing only on fb notifications. maybe it will take a while to fix this. we need to report this to the app wich is louder to fix it
0 Likes
Npagonis
Journeyman
Options

Same here. No matter where I have set my phone sounds levels for system or apps, FB and Messenger are always too loud!!! Tried Uninstal and re install the apps but nothing.

0 Likes
Mihaita88
Journeyman
Options
really they messed bad this time. and i says is the last time when I'll buy a Samsung. have to get rid of them after 7 years with Samsung. not too much differences on new phones. and always need to wait for the apps to fix the issues on new phones. is my last time when i buy a Samsung. no more. only problems with this s21 ultra. lots of money for a ***** phone