Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Recycle - MTR group

(Topic created on: 01-03-2021 11:14 AM)
aamir141
Student
Options

I opted to trade my old S9 through samsung to get my S21 Ultra. The trade-in value was £100.

Today I receieved an email sayin that there was a problem with my device - screen burn. When i had sent it there was no issues and was in perfect working order when I sent it.

An issue like the one shown in the image is so obvious that i would have notice a fault like this. 

I still havent been paid for my trade-in and now the email is asking for £25 excess. 

I have tried to contact Samsung Recycle on 03332079676 and have emailed them back on the orginal email and helpdesk@samsungrecycle.co.uk.

I am comcerened that after reading some other posts and reviews ut looks like they do this quite regularly. 

I want to know what can I do to get this sorted?
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
that's shocking I sent in my s5e to get money off my tab s7 got an email saying they got the tab and i will get another one when it's processed, getting worried now as it's been over a week and no email, if they do this to me they will be getting the S7 sent back for a full refund and will not be purchasing anything again.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
did you take pictures of the device before you sent it?
0 Likes
aamir141
Student
Options
unfortunately I didnt take any pics... so im just waiting on them to contact me again.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
that's really poor, I took about 25 on the highest setting on my s20 as I'm that scared of being screwed over so they have got no chance with me, the problem is its a 3rd party company that acts on behalf of samsung
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
how long after you got the email to say they got it did you get an email saying there is a problem?
0 Likes
aamir141
Student
Options
about 2 weeks
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
so it looks like I'm due one anytime soon then I got my email on the 19th so will probably be this week then mine had an ever so slight mark on the top of the frame I bet they will try do me for that. if so I will be getting rid of my whole samsung ecosystem and go elsewhere.
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

That yellow item looks like an 'inspection arrow sticker' and pointing to an issue that they have stated to you.   Screen burn is one thing that often catches people out with their displays... and unfortunately if you didn't take a series of pictures to prove the status of the phone before shipping then you might not have much evidence to argue.  You also did agree the terms in the photo I have attached.tradein.PNG

You can always request your phone back and sell it privately...might mean a better price.   Alternatively then it seems you may lose £25 of your £100 trade value... so only get £75.    If you mind my opinion... £25 loss on a phone that costed you £1200 + is not a big loss.    

Personal opinion, to save a load of time in trying to argue your case and save £25, I would just agree and pay the £25 if it was me.  

Good luck resolving it, if you decide.

Smiley.

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
Gman123z
Explorer
Options
I traded in my S9 with a screen that has the black screen problem and selected no for "is your device in good condition" screen and got £135 taken off instead of the £200. The trade in was accepted based on the screenshot price. It's odd that they only offered £100 for a functional S9 in your case

Screenshot_20210128-083542_Samsung Internet_5417.png

0 Likes