Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Picture and tips Thread

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 07:33 AM)
FK1983
Pathfinder
Options
Just thought I'd make a thread so we can post some of our photos from the S21 Ultra good and bad so people can see and comment on all those great and not so great.

Also any tips for taking better pictures we can share with each other. 

Here's a few random ones of mine after having the device for a couple of days so still playing around with settings. 

What are your favourite modes and features? 

________

Here's a few macro shots using the ultra wide lens super close up for macro shots. 

To take really good macro shots use the ultra wide 0.6x lense in the standard photo mode and go very close and you will end up with excellent quality macro shots. 

_____

Standard portrait mode which I accidentally left at 3:4 but have still turned out really nice, no other effects. 

Portrait Studio Mode 

Portrait Colour Point mode

_____

Here's a few night shots I quickly took while walking to a shop, I didn't do anything special other than take them using night mode. 

It was obviously much darker out than the pictures show so turned out really good even though there is still some graining/noise to the image but that's to be expected with night shots. 

If you click on the images it is clearer. 

______

Standard photo mode zooming to x100 

0.6x

1x

2x

4x

10x

30x

100x

Zoom test 2

Fisky
17 REPLIES 17
Pg99
First Poster
Options
great shots, what settings are you using? I can't seem to get pictures as sharp as that.
FK1983
Pathfinder
Options
If you use standard photo mode and use the ultra wide lens 0.6x then just go as close as you can to the object.

It should focus onto the object really well then just take the picture 🖼

The focus enhancer is good for but definitely not for macro close up shots and that mode only works on the standard 1x lens so won't give images that clear.

Hope that helps.
Fisky
Qash001
Explorer
Options
Although the night time shots are impressive with this phone, don't you miss talking shots at night when they actually look like night rather than middle of the day? 😅
FK1983
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah but I think if you take pictures in portrait mode or pro mode you can still get them where they aren't processed as much to turn night shots into brighter shots? I'll have a try sometime 😂
Fisky
Phil A
Pioneer
Options

omg, thank you for that wide angle close up shot 😅 , I was really disappointed by the focus enhancer when it automatically turned on and I tried to take a close up shot with it

FK1983
Pathfinder
Options
Did it work ok for you? I only found out how to do this on a random YouTube video, it's really surprising such a great feature isn't promoted by Samsung or on any tips guides or anything!?
Fisky
0 Likes
Qash001
Explorer
Options
cool I'll try that!
Phil A
Pioneer
Options

yeah worked great, specially for indoors! and yeah I've been relying on youtube videos as well for tricks and tips on the camera 

Phil

Lnesh
Explorer
Options
I took these. my hand was pretty shaky but didn't come out too bad

20210130_210101_18252.jpg

20210130_210016_18251.jpg