Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Replacement rear glass doesn't have IMEI and Serial Number

(Topic created on: 24-01-2022 01:46 AM)
ozairzam
First Poster
Options

Does this happens everywhere/globally or I am just facing this here in Pakistan, My s21 Ultra back glass got broken a week ago, I contacted the customer support about the nearest service center, and had some questions to clear about IMEI, and will my phone remain ip68 (water-packed)and the CX representative said yes, Your phone will remain iIP68 and IMEI will be there on the replacement glass of your phone, softer taking the nearest service center address I contacted them upon asking, they denied clearly about the IMEI/Serial number on new glass, and they also can't guarantee me about IP68, as it will be dependent on phone's condition, and I was using it in a pool a week ago and the phone was fine, so she still denied about ip68, BTW, the same comments are guaranteed are being offered by open market repair centers, and they are charging 3 times less than the Samsung's service center what are the perks of getting changed the glass from the service center? and I don't feel having an expensive phone and losing its worth and the manufacturer company can't help me out of this whom I trust and buy each and every flagship phone, this was my last phone from Samsung if they can't help me fix the problem why would I purchase their next smartphone?

Repair from Samsung

• No IMEI/Serial Number
  • No IP68 Guaranteed
  • High charges for repair

Repair from Open Market

• No IMEI/Serial Number
  • No IP68 Guaranteed
  • 3x Low charges for repair

Help me out of this problem if anybody can, I would be glad :smiling-face:

Galaxy S21 5G 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
My understanding is if you have your phone repaired at an official samsung store you keep warranty and service care

Having your phone repaired
By a none samsung company you lose that warranty and care
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Unless the third party repairers have the necessary equipment to etch the details onto the replacement glass in exactly the same style Samsung do in the factory it really makes no difference because you would still have a compromised phone back regardless. As for the waterproofing, have you ever had a watch battery replaced in a watch which is rated for swimming or diving? The first thing they tell you is that it can no longer be guaranteed waterproof as it won't be sealed as well as they do it in the factory. The same applies to any smartphone as to the watch.
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
Why do you want a imei sticker on the back 🤣🤣🤣
0 Likes
AM4N
Voyager
Options
Unfortunately, no support centre can print the imei number on the Replacement back glass, that's only possible from production.
0 Likes