Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra noisy night photos and videos

(Topic created on: 08-08-2021 10:31 PM)
Samisamm
Apprentice
Options

Hello

I have S21 Ultra exynos version. The photos of night mode is too noisy especially in the sky even when I use night mode. I tried with pro mode and changed aperture and ISO and I got better result.

I also did full factory reset, but there are still many noise in the photos and videos at night!

I tried many things. Even I turned off my WiFi and I turned on airplane mode, but the photos and videos (low quality with blue spots) are noisy. By the way the phone is fully updated.

SAMPLE VIDEO FRAME: 

Screenshot_20210807-093455_Gallery.jpg

SAMPLE PHOTO (night mode with max timer):

20210805_213542-02.jpeg

9 REPLIES 9
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I believe you answered your own question there.

Just use Pro Mode as you have more control as with any camera mobile or dedicated in Auto you are the mercy of the cameras interpretation of the scene.

Manual you are in control.

Also I believe a bit faster shutter speed with low Iso will give a darker photo with lesser noise.

You could also shoot raw and adjust in post if you are really serious into night shots.
Samisamm
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I can use pro mode but it's not the answer that I'm looking for. Open the second photo and you will see lines in the sky with noise, especially in the edges of the photo. It's not normal!

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try with hdr off.. could be light pollution.
0 Likes
Samisamm
Apprentice
Options

I tried. But nothing changed and HDR is disabled in night mode by default.

0 Likes
Maverik888
Student
Options

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem with my Samsung S21 Ultra with the same processor 

There are many Youtube videos where you can see the difference between Snapdragon and Exynos processors manage the night photo and video.

I hope Samsung releases an update to fix it 

Student
Options

Same here. 12MP mode is unusable.

108MP (27MB one photograph) is almost as good as my old Mate 20 pro (2.5MB), but it has a lot of noise especially on the black surfaces.

Unfortunately for me, my girlfriend owns Mate 30 pro. In direct comparison my S21 Ultra looks like some Chinese phone in the $200-$300 price range.

0 Likes
Ahmedbinali87
First Poster
Options

Hello sir .. 

I have same problem .. do you fix it ?

0 Likes
ishansd
Apprentice
Options

So much noise in photos and specially in video. I'm still amazed that they can't even fix this after 9 months!

0 Likes
ItzSebas
Apprentice
Options

2022 and the issue is still here. Even my S10+ used to have better noise reduction than my S21 Ultra. Not to mention how pathetic HDR gets at night. But have to admit that video recording at night is just painful, noise levels are just too high and it's sad that there's not a better noise control on this cameras after a year of release.

0 Likes