Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra Network drops

(Topic created on: 07-02-2022 10:49 AM)
ZvezdelinPetrov
Student
Options

Anyone else with network problems in some areas after Android 12? . In certain areas my network drops, sometimes show me a good strength but when a call someone he answer and we can't hear each other. For calls works when he wants. Tried everything including Hard reset, Network reset, Clear cache, switching 5g/4g/3g/2g. Also did optimisation applications and nothing helps. I'm using s21 ultra, Exynos.I used my old iPhone Xs two days and works without any network issues.

34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
This is becoming a common issue and not just because of Android 12.

I've been having these issues with both S21 Ultra devices since they arrived in July.

Still fighting with Samsung about it and many others reporting issues.
G0UDG
Voyager
Options
Antenna and modem issue with the exynos version having the same signal issue with my S21ultra
0 Likes
Dadou1
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

Yes, exactly the same experience, since the update to Android 12. 

I have contacted Vodafone UK, and tried soft/hard resets, and no improvements.

The issue is very random, and seems that every time I try to report it to Samsung, I struggle to replicate :smiling-face:

The only thing that seemed to help, is to turn 5G/LTE off on the second SIM (I don't use it) and now testing with 5G off on my main SIM, to check.

I don't think we are alone with this, but no acknowledgment from Samsung. Very frustrating

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I used to have trouble with Vodafone UK it used to patchy.
Since changing to giffgaff (O2) I get good overall speeds and network .
0 Likes
OliverNaz
Student
Options
My current issue is when in an area that supports 5g, my cellular will show signal and then immediately the "No signal" icon, then continuously alternate between signal and no signal. This doesn't occur in areas with 4g.

I'm on a 5G plan, changed SIM card, reset network, reset everything, no change.
Dadou1
Pioneer
Options

Exactly the same here... A few report the same problem.

I'm working with Vodafone who are trying to help, unlike Samsung...

In the meantime, the only option has been to switch 5G off on my Samsung S21... 5G 🤔

0 Likes
Tron1
Explorer
Options

Exact same issue, seem to coincide with upgrading to Android 12. It seems like the no signal / signal cycle happens when I go into a 5G area. I'm not on a 5G plan so I'm wondering if that's the issue. I've tried changing network options to only look for 4G/3G but it doesn't help.

I've tried resetting the network settings completely to no avail. Question guys, and apologies for being a noob but is it right to assume a factory reset isn't going to help? I'm loathe to do one and my rudimentary understanding is that will just wipe user data. If this is a firmware issue related to the Android 12 on this device a factory reset isn't going to help is it?

0 Likes
Dadou1
Pioneer
Options

I tried that too, and made no change.

I would only do it if you plan to contact Samsung for a warranty repair... They'll ask if you did...

Thinking about replacing my handset... 😔

0 Likes
Tron1
Explorer
Options

I just saw another thread where someone mentioned they needed a 5G SIM card. My SIM card is fairly old so wondering if that's an issue since the android upgrade. Going to request a new SIM and see if that resolves the issue.

0 Likes