Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Camera Black Screen

(Topic created on: 14-11-2021 01:08 PM)
GarethTJones
Student
Options

Hey all,

I have had a look through the posts here and couldn't seem to find my issue. I have the Galaxy S21 Ultra and just today when I have gone to take a photo, the screen is blank and unresponsive, showing only the buttons down the bottom for the camera, but unresponsive. 

I have tried the following:
- Restart the phone

- Clear Camera Cache

- Clear camera data

- Check for updates

- Wiped the cache partition

16 REPLIES 16
Torie1
First Poster
Options

Hi.. I am having this same issue but only in pro mode. How did you go about getting your phone replaced?

0 Likes
DavidGibson
Apprentice
Options

I exchanged my phone at the department store I purchased it from. John Lewis, UK - they have excellent after sales service, so I tend to buy expensive tech from them.

0 Likes
Laadyjay23k
First Poster
Options

This solved the issue for me the tech I contacted wasn't able to help so I Googled several resolutions and this one solved mine hopefully it'll solve yours.

Screenshot_20211126-223705_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes
Laadyjay23k
First Poster
Options

Sorry the pic is incorrect- but you simply reset the system settings by going to SETTINGS on your phone.

Go to GENERAL MANAGEMENT  scroll down to reset and ok it.

The phone will restart and your phone will be working again.

Apparently it's a bug with the newest update in the software.

Hope this helps you if so,  share it.

0 Likes
denisk20
First Poster
Options

For me it was a software issue, clearing the cache of the Camera app and Gallery app and rebooting the phone did help.

0 Likes
GalaxyS21Ultra5Gmemb
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20211231-171150_Chrome.jpg

 From the Pull Down Menu, click the option that says "Camera Access." Nothing else but this worked for us :smiling-face: Must have been an update somewhere cuz this option wasn't there in the past

0 Likes
Resq
First Poster
Options

Solved. In my case I had "package manager" which went rogue and disabled all camera apps.  It was not sufficient to disable device admin for this app; I had to delete it.  That worked.

0 Likes