Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 poor screen quality

(Topic created on: 03-04-2021 06:36 AM)
call64
Apprentice
Options
Hi 
Has anyone experienced problems with the screen on their device , I accidentally dropped mine shortly after receiving my new phone, fortunately I was covered with the insurance and was sent a replacement ( different colour device I may ad ) my issue is these phones are supposed to have the strongest glass and for the price you pay is very disappointing.Has anybody experienced similar problems. 
23 REPLIES 23
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Unfortunately glass is glass, and glass breaks. I've always used screen protectors and cases on my phone. Which help with accidental drops.
George1988
Voyager
Options
Yes, having a screen protector is a must have.
0 Likes
Beiollyi
Explorer
Options
Yes, I have
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

A screen protector only prevents the screen from getting scratched. It will also help hold a broken screen in place once shattered. A screen protector will not prevent your screen from breaking if dropped! If your phone gets dropped and hits the floor at just the right spot, your phone screen will break. Don't drop your phone and your screen won't break lol

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
DianDD
Voyager
Options
For 13 years of smartphone usage I only broke one screen :smiling-face:
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

In the 26 years I have been using mobiles, I have broken none and I have never purchased a screen protector in my life.

Current Devices:
call64
Apprentice
Options
Well you have been very lucky in not breaking a screen,I don't just go out of my way to drop my phone this is the first time I've had a broken screen in all the years I've had a phone,point being I was just seeing if anyone with Samsung phones if they have found the screens in particular weak compared to other phones.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
My son walked up the garden path miss judged his pocket. Well that was it, his iPhone 11 screen shattered. That was with a case and tempered glass screen protector. So they don't always completely help. Just depends how the phones going to land.
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

@call64 wrote:
Well you have been very lucky in not breaking a screen

Screens are thin and there is nothing strong or sturdy about them. Have you ever held a replacement screen in your hand? As someone else said, glass is glass...

I keep my phones in a leather foldable case and so it has maximum protection when/if dropped. No guarantees of course, it's all about how it lands (like you said).

Current Devices:
0 Likes