Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 FE 5g eSIM?

(Topic created on: 08-08-2022 06:39 AM)
Members_028ywnj
Student
Options

Hi everyone

I'm trying to ge to the bottom of whether / how the S21 FE 5G supports eSIM. I thought it did, based on reviews before I purchased (I know!). However, on closer inspection, and trying to activate a downloaded eSIM profile, it looks like there's no eSIM options in SIM card manager.

It looks like I can use a second physical SIM no problem. I've been on to the support chat, who advised that the phone does support eSIM (though I was in South Africa at the time, so seem to have been connected to their support team there?).

Am I doing something wrong? I bought my phone direct from Samsung in the UK, not locked to any network, though I use O2 at home.

ATB

Charlie

10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_028ywnj 

The Samsung phones bought direct from Samsung UK will have eSim functions built in if applicable to that model of phone, however your current network must support eSim too.

eSim if supported in the phone must be in the sim card manager however.

Unfortunately I think the eSim option was omitted/ disabled on the Samsung Galaxy s²¹ fe version of the phone.

Galaxy-s/s21-fe-esim-where-is-it. 

It's not listed as an available spec in https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s21_fe_5g. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Members_028ywnj
Student
Options

Thank you for your input, @BandOfBrothers . Bit odd that Samsung support have it wrong!

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Members_028ywnj 

Maybe they got mixed up thinking it was the Samsung Galaxy s²¹ model 🤔 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Davidvanderlans
First Poster
Options

I also wonder why this is the case, I spoke to a member of the Samsung support team from the Netherlands. This is what they have to say

" I understand that the E-sim is indeed not yet available for the Samsung S21 FE. It's possible that this will be possible in the future with a software update, but if and if so, when that will be I don't know, David. "

0 Likes
aric67
First Poster
Options

I would be also really interested in having this feature. It's a shame such a high end phone does not have it available, especially if only a software issue.

Redhairedguy
Student
Options

Just want to update on this, as I unfortunately discovered the lack of eSIM functionality when I flew from Ireland to Canada for a 3 week trip. It is now July 2023 and this issue has neither been addressed nor flagged by the Samsung Customer team, as I was repeatedly told that the Samsung S21FE does have eSIM, but have now confirmed via multiple sources - including Samsung's own website (halfway down page), that the S21FE is not listed as being compatible.

The devices team in 3 here in Ireland confirmed this fact as well. 

Samsung Technical Support are unable and unwilling to go outside of their lane of simply repeating the incorrect information that's available to them.  I've escalated this problem as of today and I'm expecting a call back from them.

Redhairedguy
Student
Options

Got my phone call from Samsung UK today, and it was the corporate equivilant of STFU & F off. The guy had no interest in hearing what I had to say, kept repeating that the phone does have eSIM, wouldn't listen to me, interrupted me constantly, and then told me that they would stand over the information that they have. When I asked to escalate further, he said that this is the highest it would go, and basically used the same 4 phrases word-for-word until I got tired of trying to get him to understand me, and wrapped up the call. Very disappointed.

It seems like Samsung Support have their literal holy book of what information is true and will not deviate or listen to anything else. 

WAVESKLR
Apprentice
Options

I live in Ukraine, we also do not have food on this model. rf killer

0 Likes
WAVESKLR
Apprentice
Options

Sorry - no e-esim on 21fe

0 Likes