Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone keeps restarting, very annoying!

(Topic created on: 26-08-2023 10:20 PM)
mellow_yellow
Journeyman
Options
So my S21's firmware was updated last week and since then it keeps restarting itself randomly. I have cleared the partition cache, deleted apps then finally did a hard reset, thinking it would definitely fix the problem but it hasn't! It's really bugging me, can anyone help??
12 REPLIES 12
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If you haven't already @mellow_yellow please run the diagnostic tool found in your Samsung Members App to see if that highlights anything. 

Also try Safe Mode.

> Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

Also in your Samsung Members App you can send feedback to ask for help. 

A Samsung Service Centre can assess your phone too.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
🤣🤣🤣 nah you're imagining it, there's no way an update will do that and it's only you who's suffering from this issue! (According to samsung fanboys on here)
0 Likes
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
Honestly mate, nothing will fix it, samsung will fob you off tell you its a motherboard issue when CLEARLY it isn't, it's a software issue. Just avoid samsung in the future
AndrewL
Options

@mellow_yellow: Did you add any third party applications to your Galaxy S21 following the factory data reset? If so, please try uninstalling them temporarily, and check to see if the issue persists. Returning the phone to its default settings should typically resolve any software issues, therefore it is worth exploring the possibility that the restarts are stemming from an external source. 

If the problem persists, then please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and reach out to our Support Team, where an advisor will be able to assist you further, and arrange an engineer's inspection. 

mellow_yellow
Journeyman
Options
No, as soon as the factory reset was done, it happened right away again, without any apps installed.. alright I have sent off the error logs to the technicians, I'll just have to wait and see what they say... I hope my phone will be fixed again 😞 I've only had it just over two years, it was brand new too
mellow_yellow
Journeyman
Options
I hope not, fingers crossed!
0 Likes
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
Any news with the results bud? They'll tell you it's motherboard lol just get rid and learn a lesson, never buy scamsung again!
GuidoAguiar
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue, been sending the reports on Samsung Members for about 3 weeks now, nothing changed

mellow_yellow
Journeyman
Options
You were right! They told me it's the motherboard when obviously it isn't. Shambolic from samsung