Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is showing just the transfer date of recently transferred photos in apps

(Topic created on: 14-09-2021 05:39 PM)
Dspence
Apprentice
Options

So I have recently changed phones from Xiaomi to Samsung S21 and transferred all the photos etc, in the Samsung gallery after deleting all the old WhatsApp photos all the photos seem to have the right date and are in the correct order. 

Unfortunately when trying to post to apps such as Facebook and Instagram all my photos and videos say the 9th Sept (date I did the transfer), is there any way I can change this?

It's becoming very difficult for me, I could cope if they all had the same date but were in order but they are all jumbled up photos and videos of the past few years. I'm often posting or messaging photos to people of past makes for my small business but at the moment it's just impossible to be able to find what I'm looking for without it taking forever which is something I just can't afford to do. 

Is there anything anyone can think of that can find a solution to this problem?

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
AndrewL
Options

@Dspence: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. When moving photos from one device to another, the date created/date modified will change to the day the files were moved. If you check My Files > Images, is it the same in there? As a possible solution, head to the App Drawer > Google (folder) > Photos, and your images should be backed up here in the original chronological order. You could also consider adding watermarks or stickers to your photos for future reference, although i appreciate that this may not be ideal. 

0 Likes
Dspence
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your reply, they are all in order in the google folder too, it's literally just in the apps where I am having the problems. 

Worst case I'm just going to have to try and find all my work photos and try and get them into some sort of album for me to select from. 

0 Likes
GretaOrLila
First Poster
Options

I have had this problem since 2018 when I upgraded from the Note 5 to the S8. Now I have an S21 and since I keep my phones for so long, it jumbles them on some of the apps I use. Now it's almost 17k images and videos. 

Possible workaround solutions that have helped me...

Twitter-select the gallery option at the top after you press the photo icon and scroll down until you see "more..." this option allows you to select photos straight from your gallery and it should be in order 

Instagram-select gallery and scroll until you see "other" and select the gallery icon from there. You should also see these photos in order. 

Unfortunately, I haven't found a solution for FB even though fb messenger shows the gallery in order. Go figure. Hope this helps. 

Dspence
Apprentice
Options

It's so annoying isn't it! Thanks for the gallery tip, annoyingly it's the Facebook app I mostly use for my work photos but at least I know I might be able to do it on Instagram  that way, I'll give it a try. 

Thank you

0 Likes
Nalien
Student
Options

Hi there, 

Do you know how to select more than one photo for an instagram post when you access the gallery via the "other" option?

This glitch everyone is talking about has happened to me too, when I switched from iphone to samsung a couple of days ago. Frustrating that there is still no solution available!

0 Likes
Juliajulia
Apprentice
Options

Nope, as soon as you click "Multiple", the "Other" option goes away.

0 Likes
Juliajulia
Apprentice
Options

I just switched everything over from my Samsung S10 to Samsung S20 FE and used smart switch. Now when I go to instagram and try to upload, everything is in random order. So annoying and frustrating. 

Juliajulia
Apprentice
Options

Here is an example of instagram - these photos are from June 2019 and yet, when I scroll all the way down, it still says January 5 (bottom). When I move photos to my computer, the date modified has changed to January 5 and the date taken has disappeared. 

Screenshot_20220107-223612_Instagram.jpg

0 Likes
Nalien
Student
Options

This is a really frustrating software problem and it's disappointing that so many people have had an issue and it doesn't seem like Samsung is offering or working on a solution. 

I signed in to Whatsapp today with this new Samsung phone and the photos from my old iPhone synced with it, and half the photos have loaded up in my Pictures in the phone's Gallery under today's date- and once again, all mixed up (i.e. not in chronological order).

I'm considering selling the phone and going back to iPhone. So disappointed.