Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving email notifications

(Topic created on: 13-02-2021 11:19 AM)
Russ1990
Explorer
Options
Hi

I'm not receiving email notifications on my new s21 this has only just started happening and was working fine before, I have my email linked with Gmail. I have checked all the notification settings in the app and on the phone and everything is set correctly. Any ideas?
33 REPLIES 33
Yorkie73
Pioneer
Options
Have you checked that the phone hasn't put itself in Power Saving Mode? Also under Battery Care, sleeping Apps make sure Gmail or your email client is excluded from Battery Saving modes.
Yorkie73
Pioneer
Options
like this.

Screenshot_20210213-112055_Device care_4917.jpg

0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Try this if you haven't yet. Open Gmail and go to your settings. Tap on the account that you want the notifications for (not General Settings) and scroll down to Notifications. Under 'Notifications' check that it's set to 'All.'
Below this option is another called 'Inbox Notifications.' Tap this and set to 'Notify for all messages' if it's not currently set as that.
Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Russ1990
Explorer
Options
hi mate yeah tried this still nothing!
0 Likes
Russ1990
Explorer
Options
hi mate tried this too and still not working really frustrating!
0 Likes
Yorkie73
Pioneer
Options
That's me stumped then. Maybe clear the app cache and data and see if starting again works.
0 Likes
Lynnilou50
First Poster
Options
Did you get this sorted? I'm just the same... very annoying. Xx
0 Likes
Russ1990
Explorer
Options
Hey nah I didn't I just went back to yahoo mail in the end and the notifications haven't been a problem since
AdamR1
Apprentice
Options
Hi. I have this same issue and I've tried all the steps above with no luck. I've also noticed I have various other apps that also do this. It is very frustrating
0 Likes