Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network/wifi connection

(Topic created on: 23-04-2022 07:39 AM)
illEez
Voyager
Options
Since the last update, possibly the 2nd last, my phone(s21u) hasn't been connecting properly to wifi when at home (its using my mobile data instead), and when out its not connecting to my mobile data!

My settings haven't changed, and it worked fine before, automatically switching between wifi at home and mobile data when out, but nowits turned into a nonsense!
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi try resetting your network settings & see if that helps, did you wipe the cache partition after updating?
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @illEez  Certainly advisable to wipe cache partition after updates.  May be an idea to  reset all settings if Network Reset does not fix matters.  General Management-Reset-Reset All Settings

If that does not fix issue Go to Settings- Connections - Wi-Fi - Tap the cog symbol to the right of your router - Forget . This is the bottom right on the list. Toggle your Wi-Fi off and on again - Select your router from the list of available connections, and run through all the connection steps.

Thereafter go to Settings - Connections - Wi-Fi - Tap the cog next to your router on my device  and choose More and select the MAC Address Type,set this to Phone MAC. If the issue persists, I would suggest pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts, the reason being that this will refresh the software and address any issues that might be causing problems. An idea also to reboot the router if wifi  issue not solved.

Should there still  be an issue with Mobile connection when out and about may need to restart device / reinsert sim  or reset your  APN settings.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

illEez
Voyager
Options
Thanks for all the advice Blessed & James.

Would you believe after all the hassle I've had with this, and having tried this already, it started working again, after a basic reboot!

Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Your welcome & glad to hear it's working now.