Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moisture detected in charging port

(Topic created on: 06-02-2022 08:59 AM)
will_t024
First Poster
Options
I've been having this issue on my s21 where the notification pops up that moisture has been detected in the charger port. I know it hasn't had moisture anywhere near it and its just popped up as soon as I took my phone off charge. Any help would be great. 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
MisdaT
Explorer
Options
I'm sure on my note20 ultra it is moisture or other... could dust or lint give you a similar warning?
0 Likes
Inmateno46234
First Poster
Options
Have you tried a different charger, charging cable. Sadly I started off with the symptoms that you mentioned on my s20, and it was deemed a hardware issue and the port was replaced under warranty.
0 Likes
SereneH
Options

Hey, @will_t024! We'd recommend trying the troubleshooting steps on our support page: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/ 😊

giphy.gif
0 Likes
Dave2103
Journeyman
Options

I've had the same problem with my S20 plus, I don't care what anyone says, it's a software issue if your phone has been kept dry!

The way to remove the constant warning & get it charging again is to plug it into a running laptop/pc & the warning will go & then you can plug it into your proper charger. Mine hasn't done it for a while until yesterday when I bought a USB c card reader with OTG built in & the moment I stuck it into the phone... Boom, moisture detected! So it's 100 % a software problem. 

0 Likes