Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data issue

(Topic created on: 21-11-2021 02:39 PM)
Pittsy
Apprentice
Options
Hi..I was wondering if anyone is having any issues with mobile data? My S21 will not connect to the Internet unless on WiFi.
I have unlimited usage and I've been places I know have network coverage. 
It's very frustrating as it's pretty much a brand new phone and I can't receive important WhatsApp messages. 
Any help or ideas would be great. 
Thanks for taking the time to read this. 

6 REPLIES 6
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you contacted your network provider to see if the issue is with them rather than your phone?
0 Likes
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

You don't have a data limit set on your S21, do you @Pittsy? You can check if you do by going to Settings > Connections > Data usage > Billing cycle and data warning > Click the switch next to 'Set data limit' to enable or disable data limits.

0 Likes
Pittsy
Apprentice
Options
No issues with the apparently.. thanks rogersdave77
0 Likes
Littlxr
Journeyman
Options

Did anyone find a viable fix for this!? I'm also having this issue. WiFi and data are both slow on my Galaxy S21 Ultra, but work perfectly fine on all other devices. I only bought this phone this week, and have updated to the latest available software version.

Resets don't help permanently, only temporarily. A reset of my network settings seems to resolve the problem until I set my connections back up and switch between them. I find that my Internet speed plummets mainly when switching between WiFi and data, and it then continues to be slow for a long time after. Apps load slower, Internet loads slower, videos and files send/receive slower. This is only on my S21 Ultra. My Oneplus works perfectly on both connections every time.

Utterly unacceptable for a device of this cost, and needs to be rectified immediately. But the fact that I see forum posts like this from months ago is very, very disheartening. 

0 Likes
Pittsy
Apprentice
Options
No viable fix, a couple more days of the inconvenience then the phone seemed to sorry itself out, I did contact Vodafone the day before, they insisted it wasn't their end, although from the next day everything was sorted, no more issues since.
Sorry if this is no help to you, maybe it was a sim card problem for me, that Vodafone sorted without taking responsibility 🤷‍♂️
Good luck
0 Likes
Littlxr
Journeyman
Options
I hope that'll be the case for me too, a few people have said it just "rights itself" in a few days, though I can't understand how or why! Do you use a VPN out of curiosity? The perfectionist in me is trying so hard to isolate the issue, I've noticed an improvement when disabling my VPN but this isn't a perfect solution, especially as the VPN works perfectly with all my other devices.
0 Likes