Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use wifi and data simultaneously?

(Topic created on: 18-08-2022 04:48 PM)
Members_OQ0AEZV
First Poster
Options

Previously I was able to use my data while connected to other devices wifi such as marine plotters, which was really helpful as that's how you can easily update them for instance.  But now for some weird reason that option doesn't seem to exist any more and that's for me a deal breaker to move away from Samsung unless that possibility is reintroduced ASAP or someone can kindly explain me where to find it now.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_OQ0AEZV hello, there is a possibility that you use your applications, even if your phone is connected to a WIFI network. Access Settings / Connections Data use / Apps only with mobile data and assign the apps that you want to run with only mobile data. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Stepan_
Voyager
Options
Technically, you can use your wifi network for data while your phone is connected to other devices because the phone uses wifi direct for this.
How did it appear? After an update, or after turning off some switch in the settings? So, you are unable to use the internet while connected to some devices, aren't you?
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_OQ0AEZV ,Hello again, I hope that the indicated steps have helped you with the use of your applications.
Of course, there is another way to force the phone not to disconnect data usage. This is an option, which is found in Developer options. To activate the developer options go to Settings / About phone / Software information and click 7 times on the option Build number, you will see a pop-up window that will notify you of the activation of Developer Options. Exit the settings and enter again. Below everything you will find the Developer Options. Access them and look for the option: Mobile data always active and so you will have mobile data always active, even if Wifi is on. Tell me if you have achieved it. Greetings!

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."