Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Google Pay suddenly not working

(Topic created on: 10-12-2021 03:21 AM)
davidtj
Apprentice
Options

This morning for no reason Google Pay  says "Your device doesnt meet security standards" - Ive been through everything and nothing fixes it. There was an update yesterday AM but I have used since. Any Ideas?

24 REPLIES 24
Quakershaker
Apprentice
Options
Ps. I have S21 ultra in UK!
0 Likes
MM_NZ
First Poster
Options

When I contacted Samsung support, I was advised to contact the App developer since Android 12 is not compatible with Google Pay.  It appears it isn't Samsung's duty to ensure it is tested before pushing a software update to its customer devices.  Let the people test it instead. and struggle to sort the issues on their own.  Not very impressed at all !!!

0 Likes
nolan1
Journeyman
Options

Hi

the answer from samsung  sounds strange, because both android 12 and google pay are made by google, so should be compatible

Nevertheless, i cleared all data in google play services and added the card again - i just tested it seems to work. I did not have to clear finger print data.

best, Nolan

0 Likes
Organum
Explorer
Options

Thanks. This didn't work but after uninstalling and re-installing G Pay it sprung into life and even had the cards still there, although they all had to be revalidated.

Thanks for the leader on this. 

0 Likes
Shazzie1
First Poster
Options

Hi all , this may help you, I opened Google pay  deleted my bankcards and reinstalled cards again ,hey presto Google pay is working again 

Good luck hope this works for you 

0 Likes