cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21+ sudden black screen

(Topic created on: 25-06-2022 06:27 AM)
Student
Options

Unable to boot using power plus volume button. The phone is under warranty. Before taking it to the authorized service center, is there a way to restore the screen . Samsung, please advise on this as to why this happened during normal use. It appears that is a common issue among S21+ users

3 REPLIES 3
GalaxyS21user1
First Poster
Options

My S21 Ultra went to a black screen suddenly in the middle of navigation, leaving me stranded alone in the middle of the desert. This also happened once on one of my older Galaxy phones. I brought my S21 into an authorized Samsung repair facility and was told the black screen was a known issue with the first batch of S21 Ultras and so Samsung sent out newer rework kits GH82-24597A to their repair centers in case anyone had issues with these screens. Unfortunately my phone was days out of the 1 year warranty and I had to pay over $300 for this kit.

I'm upset with Samsung because this was a known issue and I have taken meticulous care of my S21 ultra, never dropping it, exposing it to extreme temps, or downloading any apps! 

Student
Options

Hi

Finally I got the S21+ serviced via the authorized serrvice center in Colombo. Forunately, the defect encountered during the waranty period, therefore the complete replacement of the defective display with a new one. 

The service people advised me not to use thick screen protectors that could harm the display panel. I used high quality tempered galass screen protector from Japan. However, I do not agree with our service provider's advise. I am hoping to use hydogel film as a protector, any suggestions from your side are welcomed.

Thanks

0 Likes
Ajee999
Explorer
Options

What is GH82-24597A ? 

Yes I just had the similar problem with my S21 plus it was working perfectly fine for about 2 weeks and then I was on Google Maps and I clicked something and then it suddenly just shut off and turn black this is unacceptable why is this happening I try all different methods but it's not working I took it to some repair shops and the first thing they said oh the screen is bad I need to replace the whole screen which I thought was crazy because the phone was working perfectly fine

0 Likes