Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Charge Not Working

(Topic created on: 20-09-2021 07:03 PM)
MM3301
Pioneer
Options
Hi All 

I updated my S21 yesterday and since then the phone will not fast charge. I have 2 different fast charge plugs and cables and it's same with both. When i 1st plug it in the phone says fast charging 40 mins, after a short while it switches to cable charging 1 hour 10 mins. Anyone else having the same issue?
37 REPLIES 37
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I have exactly the same problem with my Note 9 MM3301. Fine until update then it would briefly go into fast charging before switching to cable charging after a short while. I have tried everything to fix this but sadly ten months later the problem is still there but it is only my second phone so I don't really mind this slower charging rate. I have a wireless charger anyway and this still works fine. Your S21 should be giving you Superfast charging on a compatible 25W charger MM3301?. Check your battery settings as in my two screenshots below to check that you have selected Superfast charging and even fast charging?. Something is amiss here otherwise. Are your chargers genuine compatible 25 W items also?. Good luck with your problem. 👍 👍Screenshot_20210716-124725_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20210716-124716_Device care.jpg
AndrewL
Options

@MM3301: Further to the advice by @Babishko you may wish to try heading to Settings > Battery and Device Care > More Battery Settings, and toggle on both Fast Charging and Super Fast Charging. If the issue persists, try toggling off Fast Charging before your next charge to see if this makes a difference. If it doesn't, can you confirm if you are using the phone while it's charging? 

MM3301
Pioneer
Options
Thanks man. I can confirm all the settings are correct. Fast charge and super fast charge switched on. And both chargers are the original Samsung Fast charging plugs
MM3301
Pioneer
Options
In recent tests i haven't been using the phone whilst its charging. Made sure all apps are closed. Tried a reboot and does the same. When i first plug it in it says fast charging, then switches to cable charging
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I found on my s21 ultra just have super fast charging on and turn fast charging off,as when I had them both turned on it wouldn't fast charge 🤷‍♂️
0 Likes
Jeanly80
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem! Everything is on and not using the phone while doing it. It stays at slow charge. When I plug it in it says charging - 2.5hrs and switch to 3.5hrs. I tried the original Samsung plug and 3rd party. Same results

Members_b1lmKzr
First Poster
Options

Same thing is happening to me after going with my S21 Ultra in the sea. Moisture notification everyday and Fast/Super Fast charging not working anymore (after one month since it had the water contact). Meanwhile i have cleaned the charging port with alcohol, tried with 5 different cables, same issue even after factory reset. With Galaxy S10 this never happened after hundreds of hours of being in water.

@Samsung, it looks like you have a real problem with this product. 1500 euros have an annoying and slow charging phone?

LTS_1401
Student
Options

Hello one cause for the issue is humidity level and a second cause is heat both processor and battery heat can cause the feature to be disabled. I would recommend never leaving the case on the phone if you are trying to fast super fast charge. Also do not have case on while using the phone if you are planning to fast charge at the same time.  It is also important to ensure that the power brick and phone is not in contact with soft surfaces while fast or super fast charging. Heat lowers the power bricks efficiency leading to less usable watts. The phone will slow chatting to protect the battery which can lead to evan slower charging speeds. If the issue persists try placing the phone on a two pencils and continuously blowing cool air under and over the phone. This helps maximize heat dissipation. If this solves the issue than you should probably make sure the phone is completely turned off when you wish to super fast charge.

Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options

Having to do all that is a total pain in the behind. It should just work in a case or not.