Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Messenger WhatsApp Issue

(Topic created on: 06-10-2021 10:41 AM)
JamesDavidG
Journeyman
Options
I have recently purchased an S21 Ultra. I use dual messenger, one for personal one for work. I am unable to send or recieve media files of any type. Browsing the Internet I see this is a widespread problem and back in June maybe before, Samsung said they were working on a fix for this. Does anyone know when this will be fixed or any possible solutions? Thanks. 
Go to solution
72 REPLIES 72
Alex Lo
Student
Options

I have the same problem could you please show how to rename the folder I too have S21 plus thanks

0 Likes
LightFantastic
Journeyman
Options
Find the folder using My Files. Long press on the folder until it becomes selected (blue tick to left). Go to More menu that has now appeared at bottom right of screen and choose Rename.Screenshot_20211207-090218_My Files.jpg
0 Likes
Alex Lo
Student
Options

thank you so much for responding,  I have ended up renaming one of the 2 files as seen in screenshot. do I need to do anything else with the other file? do I need to create a new folder from here?

Screenshot_20211207-091912_My Files.jpg

0 Likes
LightFantastic
Journeyman
Options
Just read through my earlier reply and follow each step precisely.
0 Likes
yhbrooklyn
Apprentice
Options

I see. 

I don't have that option.  I'm not on the S21, so maybe that's why. I have the Z Flip 3.  I assumed it was a universal Samsung or Galaxy issue.

0 Likes
Galaxyh21
Journeyman
Options

I've renamed the folder... 2nd one used for dual messenger WhatsApp but I still have the same issue. Need to rename both? 

0 Likes
Galaxyh21
Journeyman
Options

Is it possible to just downgrade the Samsung updates? How was this not regression tested before being rolled out?... I'm also having a lot of apps randomly crashing. Pooor from Samsung 

Charles_desilva
First Poster
Options

I have dual messenger enabled and experiencing the same problem as everyone else here. But I cannot see the (dual messenger) drive on my phone. Only the Internal Storage is there. Is that hidden somewhere? 

0 Likes
Topgun7405
Student
Options

Great, thanks for the tip! Works for me and now can use dual messenger whatsapp like it used to be

0 Likes
LightFantastic
Journeyman
Options
👍 Great! Glad it worked for you.
0 Likes