Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Messenger WhatsApp Issue

(Topic created on: 06-10-2021 10:41 AM)
JamesDavidG
Journeyman
Options
I have recently purchased an S21 Ultra. I use dual messenger, one for personal one for work. I am unable to send or recieve media files of any type. Browsing the Internet I see this is a widespread problem and back in June maybe before, Samsung said they were working on a fix for this. Does anyone know when this will be fixed or any possible solutions? Thanks. 
Go to solution
72 REPLIES 72
Alex Lo
Student
Options

Hi there, glad you solved your problem but I am still stuck. I managed to rename the folder but not sure about the next part how to create a new folder. Can you help?

0 Likes
yhbrooklyn
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. 

I don't even have a folder with that name. 

This actually worked for me on my S10. Now it stopped working on my Z Flip 3. 

0 Likes
anand_ragav
First Poster
Options

I am facing the same issue after one UI 4 update. And I am not able to backup the data either locally to the device or to a Google drive account. The other main WhatsApp account works fine. I am able to backup to Google drive. My dual app WhatsApp version is equally critical for me. Not sure if there is any solution for this. For the time being, I connected my mobile to laptop and copied all media from the dual version.

0 Likes
Spin_Dr_Wolf
Student
Options

This does not work for me I can't even back up the second Ccount to restore on the business version.  Bit poor Samsung still haven't fixed what they broke, or tested sufficiently before release.

Asaf222
First Poster
Options

This worked thx.  Any solution for the links not opening on Facebook and whatsapp?

0 Likes
LightFantastic
Journeyman
Options
Glad that it worked. I don't use Facebook and not sure what link issue you mean?
Any links I send or receive in a WhatsApp message all work fine.
0 Likes
Rafael32
First Poster
Options

Thank you, this worked for me!

For the records for others with the same issue:
After updating Android to the newest version, my Dual Whatsapp could suddenly not:
1) open media / images. Error: "Download failed - The download was unable to complete. Please try again later."
2) and could not send media / images. Error: "Sorry, this media file doesn't exist on your internal storage."
3) could not backup. Error: "Unable to back up messages."

Solution: 
Create manual backup with restore folder permissions: Rename the original "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp" to "com.whatsapp_bac" and create new folder by the name "com.whatsapp".

That's it (for me). Nothing else needed to do... Everything worked back as normal.

0 Likes
Asaf222
First Poster
Options

Fixed

The answer is to set the Facebook App to open links in a standard browser. To do this on Android mobile apps, tap the Facebook menu icon in the top right, scroll down to Settings & Privacy, tap Settings then scroll down to Media & Contacts, tap and then enable the Links open externally option. That's it.

0 Likes
Ilkkah
First Poster
Options

Hello
This did not work for me.
I cannot backup, download etc even after changing the folders.

SYLENTH
First Poster
Options

after One UI 4.0 update on my S21 Ultra, I'm having the exact same issue on all the dual messenger apps I have. (Whatsapp, Line, KakaoTalk, Facebook) I'm not able to backup chat history in whatsapp, let alone not able to send or receive files. So I'm kinda stuck at this stage, I cannot just blow my chat history without backup. I've been waiting for the hotfix from Samsung but still no updates. It's damned. Do something Sammy.

0 Likes