Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing service provider software version (CSC S21U)

(Topic created on: 10-03-2021 11:55 AM)
uk786
Explorer
Options
How can this be done? I'd like the stock UK one (multi csc I believe?) as currently it's showing as VOD/VOD EUX etc.

Will my data be wiped? Is it ​really worth changing and going through the hassle?

Just to add, I did initially flash the latest stock BTU firmware (all 4 files including CSC not home CSC), yet was still met with the carrier apps 🙁

29 REPLIES 29
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

techically samsung does not allow flashing: if the device breaks for whatever reason and the assistence guy find that the software is not correct for your device (example the imei says it is branded but you undranded the device via flash) he can deny a warranty repair.

On the other hand do myself a lot of flashing so I am biased.

You can choose whether to wipe or not data when flashing with a command inside Odin, however I do not think that it is worth the hassle in this case, especially if you do not have any particular or urgent reason to flash another software and I cannot reccomend it in your case

Archer
uk786
Explorer
Options
Thanks fo the response. Can the S21 be debranded from carrier bloat though? So as the CSC is like totally free from it. I've heard reports that this cannot be done on the S21 and other Samsung phones as of January.
0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

I do not know because I have been out of the loop with the samsung new for the month of February.

However you can use ADB command with the command disable to disable every carrier app, even the one you cannot disable via the settings. ADB does not break warranty unless used to flash the software and is completely reversible with the enable command or with a factory reset.

Just disable only the apps you know whose function is (even though you cannot disable basic apps which allow it to work).

You just need to look for disable apps via ADB on the internet, there is a complete guide by the guys over at XDA

Archer
uk786
Explorer
Options
Thanks I appreciate that however it is not quite what I'm looking for. I was wanting an entire stock Samsung firmware ideally.
0 Likes
uk786
Explorer
Options
Want this to be stock BTU. Attached image..

Screenshot_20210310-191916_Settings_121712.jpg

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Did you try the guide over at XDA?
0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

getting it stock no brand is possible but you will void your warranty, because samsung does not want users to flash software themselves and if the phone breaks and you bring it to a repair shop if they cross the imei number and look at the software you are using they discover that you have unbranded a branded device and will negate your warranty even if the problem was not flash related.

Also keep in mind that in the recent years completely unbranding a device without rooting is nearly impossible so you will then need to root however rooting causes Knox chip to trip to protect the data it contains and this will mean that not only in dowload mode there will be a script saying warranty void 0x1 meaning you killed knox chip (and this is easy to look for without even checking the imei and software correspondance=probably every assistant center will notice that and negate warranty repairs) but you will also be unable to use all the services which use the knox chip since it fused itself and you need to know when rooting at least what stuff you are touching and which unofficial rom you are installing in order not to get malware or stuff like that or even permanently brick your device.

With ADB commands instead you will be able to disable all the bloatware from the carrier and samsung you want to disable and it will never launch itself in the background ect... and it will be like it was not there.

Just take my advice, go on xda and use the guide to learn the disable command and use it...

Archer
uk786
Explorer
Options
Which guide exactly?
0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

You just need to look for disable apps via ADB on the internet, there is a complete guide by the guys over at XDA

Archer