Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I trade in an insurance replacement phone for Samsung upgrade?

(Topic created on: 27-02-2022 11:40 AM)
F55
Apprentice
Options
My S21 Ultra was replaced by gadget insurance. I was looking to see if I could upgrade to the S22 if it turns out to be better than the S21. Will I be allowed to trade in the replacement handset if it's not the original S21 I bought from Samsung? I bought the original from Samsung directly so am getting the upgrade emails.

The S21 has issues every time there's an update and the camera processes images to make them look fake. My S8 was better than this if I'm honest. To me the only good thing about the S21 is the battery life and the storage.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
S786
Voyager
Options
Good question. One i myself do not know the answer to. Can i ask what do you mean by makes the photos look "fake"? What mode are you shooting in? Ive been using last 4 months and im blown away by the quality.
0 Likes
F55
Apprentice
Options
The main camera makes colours unrealistic even with natural mofe on. I've noticed problems more with the selfie camera - if you turn motion pictures on you'll see the difference between the final photo and the shot before it. When the image is processed it literally zooms in and changes peoples' faces. I've tried all the different settings on the S21 but can't stop the final photo changing. The motion pictures on the S8 did not change this way - I waited a while before upgrading you see.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@F55: If you purchased the Galaxy S21 Ultra via the Upgrade Program, and have an existing payment agreement with them, then my understanding is that you would only be eligible to upgrade if you are in possession of the original handset. What I'd suggest is reaching out to the Upgrade Team at helpdesk@samsungrecycle.co.uk to further your enquiry, and see if they're able to shed any light on this for you. 

If you purchased the phone outright, then you will be fine to add it as a trade in option at the purchase stage when ordering the Galaxy S22.

F55
Apprentice
Options
Ah yes I did buy the original phone outright. Thanks I'll also try emailing to confirm it's okay to trade in.
0 Likes