Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain after the last security update (September update) on S21

(Topic created on: 22-10-2021 11:46 AM)
Baridon
Voyager
Options
Is anyone experiencing the same issue as the title suggested? It's been more than three weeks now and my battery is getting worse after the last security patch/update pushed in September. 
I am fed with Samsung phones.
The battery used to last about 18hours on battery saving mode and 12 on optimised. Now I can't make it through 8hours both on optimised and battery saving mode.
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Baridon
Voyager
Options
It is sad and frustrating. The update makes my phone heats up quicker than it should have. I am sorry I wish I could offer you a solution to this. I have wiped my phone and it is worse, sad to say I have lost half of my data to a bad security update
0 Likes
debs13
Explorer
Options
So sorry to hear you have lost half your data, this shouldn't be happening plus the phone heating up, that's a concern too. When you contact Samsung they don't help with the issue if I'm honest. Just talk you through the usual jargon which never resolves it!
I really hope this gets sorted for those of us that have been effected.
0 Likes
Baridon
Voyager
Options
Samsung is terrible at resolving issues.
0 Likes
Zteve
Explorer
Options

Same issues here with the October Security Patch. I am currently at 23% and its not even 5pm yet. 

0 Likes
Baridon
Voyager
Options
October seems to be better for me... but notice some sort of a lag and the screen sometimes freezes when browsing my apps
0 Likes