Did you mean: 

AVOID THE S21 ULTRA 5G

(Topic created on: 18-05-2021 09:01 PM)
YohanceJ
Explorer
Options
Avoid, avoid AVOID the s21 ultra 5g.

Do a quick Google search... 

This phone constantly overheats to dangerous temperatures if you ask me. As a result, all your apps will close down... can't even use WhatsApp video call multi window as it gets to hot and is forced to close 

The phone gets so hot sometimes while charging that it stops you from charging.

The phone gets so hot you can't even handle it.

It gets so hot hat I have to turn my bedroom fan on and let it blow directly on the device just too cool it down.

I have raised my concerns with samsung and they have been very unhelpful. I'm honestly concerned that someone will get badly hurt using this device

This phone should come with a warning, as it doesn't here is mine.

Buyer beware!

#s21 #s21ultra #s21ultra5g #overheat #overheating 

29 REPLIES 29
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The S21 has had overheating issues, which have been mostly solved by updates.
Please make sure your phone is up to date with regards to OS software and all apps updated both in samsung store and playstore.

If you just got the phone let it optimise for 3 days to a week.
It will run hot initially as it would be updating and syncing in the background especially if you did a smartswitch transfer from old phone.

0 Likes
YohanceJ
Explorer
Options
Hi GoanGeek thank you for your comment.

However my phone is up to date and should be optimised considering I got it day one.

The s21 ultra 5g is just so problematic and Samsung won't help.

I miss my s10 plus 1TB. That was a solid phone

Screenshot_20210518-211017_Software update.jpg

Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Had mine since day 1 too but never had overheating issues ever, that's through hours of video recording and gaming. Sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience but it's not typical of the user experience. That in mind though, you have every right to be upset.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You mean you have had it for over two months now and still have heating issues😬

Either you have a bad batch phone or some rogue app.

If you are desperate I would do a full hard reset and start from scratch as new phone with no smartswitch transfer.
So install apps from scratch.
It's a pain but yeah as a last resort.

Also not many Happy with the may update as it seems to mess up as well.
0 Likes
YohanceJ
Explorer
Options
HI Joeeye, thank you for your message. The overheating issue is definitely a thing, I've seen it so much online. Its kinda irritating to know some users like myself are having this issues and Samsung won't replace the device.

I'm glad your device is functioning as intended.
YohanceJ
Explorer
Options
Hard reset is not an option as I'm confident it will NOT fix anything.

It will likely lead to more anger and frustration if I have to lose all my data and the phone still overheats.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Do you clear system cache after each update? It would be interesting to see your battery stats. If your phone is getting that hot some app is eating cpu resources.
0 Likes
YohanceJ
Explorer
Options
Hi Pugs,

How will this help with overheating issues?

Samsung has never advised this.
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Yeah partition cache wipe is the first thing you should do after each update,you will hopefully find this solves your problem 🤞