Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto spell check

(Topic created on: 30-11-2021 11:33 PM)
Ocebir
Pioneer
Options
Has anyone lost the 'auto spell check' option on the samsung keyboard since android 12 update? Also Samsung Members app takes forever to generate logs while reporting errors for me.. please let me know if you have experienced either issue. I have attached a screenshot of my samsung keyboard options menu. Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
AndrewL
Options

@Ocebir: I believe that Auto Spell Check is now called 'Suggest Text Corrections', and can only be enabled if Predictive Text is active, as per the description of the feature. 

0 Likes
Ocebir
Pioneer
Options
Hi Andrew, thanks for your response if this is correct.. then there is a problem, the two things do not do the same thing.. auto spell check previously highlighted a word spelt incorrectly in red which gave me the option to correct. What this does is includes a whole new bar of words before i even type anything with potential words which can also be used to correct spelling as well.. i dnt think its the same thing, shouldn't be..
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
They have Grammarly on text now. If you want to go back to normal settings I have seen an option for this in the Samsung keyboard settings, if you scroll down to the bottom and click on reset to default settings it should help.
0 Likes
Ocebir
Pioneer
Options
Thanks, this doesn't really change anything from what was said above. Do not understand why the need to change something that was fine
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
I agree I don't know why they did that.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I would install swiftkey on your phone. Powered by ai 👍
0 Likes
HowieF
First Poster
Options

I am missing it too, i thought i was the only one. I hope they fix the problem, because i love the spell check. It was convenient 

Lady P
First Poster
Options

I just reallized after updated softwear. Now I am checking with Samsung helps. And waiting for reply. For me spell check is really important because I m not English native but I have to use it for communication 😅

Tall70
Student
Options

It's another sad change, they turned simple spell check into entire bar of suggestions, then if word is accidentally left in wrong spelling it's not indicating as such, lol, what wreck... Also the reset on bottom is just reset to default current, it will not become the old style... So we have to go with the flow, because this is the only flow we get