Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto rotate not working after Software update

(Topic created on: 09-11-2022 01:22 PM)
Thebe69
Journeyman
Options
After updating to the latest Android software on Galaxy S21 Ultra, the auto rotate function is not working properly. If I put the phone in Potrait , the display will change to horizontal and vice versa. I have tried restarting, and unistalling 3rd party apps but no joy.

Has anyone else got this issue ? It only started happening after the latest One UI5 Upgrade released this month.
0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

Try these steps to see if something is wrong: How to auto rotate or fix screen rotation on your Galaxy phone | Samsung UK

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

0 Likes
Thebe69
Journeyman
Options
Seen that topic. How do I start phone in Safe Mode ?
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Thebe69. The following article gives detailed instructions about starting your phone in Safe Mode:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/

Please let us know how you get on.

Thebe69
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the tip. Auto rotate seems to be working after restarting from Safe mode. I have done the Diagnostics as well. Every sensor seems to be fine. Hopefully, the issue doesn't come back again !
0 Likes
Thebe69
Journeyman
Options
Unfortunately, the issue keeps coming back after a while, is there a permanent fix to this? Factory reset ? The diagnostic check says the accelerometer and all sensors are working okay.
0 Likes
Fandangowheels
First Poster
Options
I have the same, auto rotate is reversed after using my S21 Ultra for a while, only a reboot fixes it, but only for a short while! Also post UI update.
0 Likes
Thebe69
Journeyman
Options
Exactly same issue. Is Samsung going to fix it under warranty?
0 Likes
mkrzyszczak
First Poster
Options
Same problem. So annoying
Vonify
Apprentice
Options

dont do anything i have the same issue too and so much other people too, just wat for a software fix, it is not something related to your phone only