Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US model in UK not getting updates

(Topic created on: 19-03-2024 01:07 PM)
Jaffar68
Apprentice
Options
Bought a refurbished S20 Ultra from Amazon UK. Noticed that it was still on Android 11 and no security patch update since 2021. Contacted both UK/US Samsung help, usual will happen but it's been years. Is there anyway to update this to the current Android system that's available for the S20 Ultra?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Your outside of the region the phone is ment for. So you will need to connect to a computer and use smartswitch on the computer to see if there are any updates available.
That is unless the phone has been deregistered by the carrier in the US.
Personally I'd look at returning the phone as its not ment for the UK market and could end up finding other problems.
Plenty of places to get a refurbished UK phone here
Jaffar68
Apprentice
Options
Thanks, I'll try the computer option first. If that doesn't work I'll get a new phone and my mum can have this, she won't bother that it's not updating, she'll just be happy that she's not using a Moto anymore 😂 Thing is it was Amazon UK and the company was in UK, might have to chin them as it didn't say anything on the ad description
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's quite a common thing on Amazon as well as other sites.
Catches people out quite often sadly.
I'd have to always check the model number to tell or better still the service provider software version details.
Got to be very wary of buying from places like that
Jaffar68
Apprentice
Options
First time I haven't done the full checks, just needed a phone quick and seemed like a good deal, you live and learn I suppose
Jaffar68
Apprentice
Options
Tried the Samsung download on the PC, ain't having it tells me my phone is up to date. So payday I'll get another phone, probably S21 as still a good phone, and probably buy at CEX given Amazon can't be trusted 😂
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'd see if I could get my money back on the device you have.
It should be stated in the listing letting you know.
I'm sure a complaint to Amazon may get you a resolution.

Unfortunately some sellers will do whatever to get your money
0 Likes
Jaffar68
Apprentice
Options
Haha oh I do love to complain and I will, wish for the best but fear the worst.
0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
CEX!! You'll more than likely end up with bigger headaches. Do yourself a favour and buy from a reputable outlet...and I'm not including Amazon resellers in that. If you can't buy new then have you had a look at what Samsung have to offer in the way of refurbished devices

https://www.samsung.com/uk/certified-re-newed-phones/
0 Likes